• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH Official Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunate for the regional industry, the big boys hold all the cards. Let's face it, regional pilots are a massive thorn in the side to guys who fly for the majors. You don't think they would like to see the regional sector shrink and shrivel away? As some see all of these contract vote downs as a cry for victory, it also could be the start of some bad times ahead for the regional industry as a whole. Something to think about...

You may be correct. All of that has been factored-in to pilots who are standing on principle. That's what makes this trifecta so impressive. Let them shrink. Someone has to do the flying, and since we are pilots we can do it anywhere there are airplanes. The regional airline executives are probably dumbfounded by this turn of events. I feel for them, I hope it all works out.

Good job guys. Now we shall see what Mesa does.

Last edited:
This is a rare opportunity for Regional pilots in general. You have 3 large airlines that are up for negotiations at the same time. This is how the UAW negotiates the big 3 contracts -- together.

The pilot shortage combined with some coordination between unions, there is a serious chance to raise the bar throughout the industry.

I'm cheering you all on. Well done.

Here comes the carrot from American management next................ They will sweeten' the deal up and in return tell Republic Pilots that all of the 150 175's will come to them. Upgrade's galore and then give the PSA deal on hiring at American.

Oh this is going to be fun to watch.............. American doesn't have much time to place these planes.

My guess Airwhilly will be next since they are due for a fleet replacement. And knowing there pilots it's already a HELL NO..

You may be correct. All of that has been factored-in to pilots who are standing on principle. That's what makes this trifecta so impressive. Let them shrink. Someone has to do the flying, and since we are pilots we can do it anywhere there are airplanes. The regional airline executives are probably dumbfounded by this turn of events. I feel for them, I hope it all works out.

To a certain extent yes, there has to be someone to do the flying. However, how much of that flying actually stays if the regionals go away? If you took a snapshot of all regional feed done for the majors in the US, a good chunk of that could be considered expendable and not worth the effort. It boils down to if someone is willing to take on another career outside of aviation if the trend goes this way. I seriously doubt the executives are shocked at all. Honestly, I think they are more shocked they were able to squeeze pilots for as long as they did. Now comes the true breaking point....which side breaks first?

You have mental problems

To a certain extent yes, there has to be someone to do the flying. However, how much of that flying actually stays if the regionals go away? If you took a snapshot of all regional feed done for the majors in the US, a good chunk of that could be considered expendable and not worth the effort. It boils down to if someone is willing to take on another career outside of aviation if the trend goes this way. I seriously doubt the executives are shocked at all. Honestly, I think they are more shocked they were able to squeeze pilots for as long as they did. Now comes the true breaking point....which side breaks first?

Currently, express carriers perform 55% of ual domestic feed, how can that be replaced quickly ? Think about the numbers before posting gl type rhetoric.
I'm sure management has some type of plan but they sure are running out of options faster than they can staff their feed (remember hub and spoke)! Without feed from bfe how can you fill the 777 to lhr, rail ?

Latest resources

Back