Known crewmember ? Not at Mesa airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CLARKGRSWOLD

Mesa airlines will charge you for Known crewmember. You actually have to pay to access the security checkpoint. - or you could opt out and wait in long lines.

Last edited:
We have it at JUS

Mesa airlines will charge you for Known crewmember. You actually have to pay to access the security checkpoint. - or you could opt out and wait in long lines.

Then stand in the line and let the morning departure go out 20 minutes late. Don't reward these craphole outfits that won't pay the costs of doing business.

Not all airports have KCM. But they usually have employee/crew lines that bypass all the pax. Then, (if in uniform, of course) cut to the front of the conveyor belt line.

I've arrived at the KCM checkpoint before only to be confronted by a long line of crew members. I went around to the employee/crew line of the regular security and was through way before the crew members ahead of me at the KCM line.

- or you could opt out and wait in long lines.

Dude, You are a jerk! I am LAMA and see Mesa for what it is. Why do you persist in making it always worse than it is? Only conclusion I can come up with is.... You are a jerk.

Let's see, your two over dramatic subjects that I see on here today.
1. Healthcare. Not great at Mesa but go look at the private sector and other airlines and see what they are paying for Upgraded plans. You would see that Mesa is not at the top of the list regarding cost to the employee. Is it great? No. But that is the commuter world.
2. Waiting in long lines with passengers? When is the last time you went through an airport without an employee line? My airline does not have Known Crew member because they buy us tickets. When I am commuting in uniform I just use the employee line.

Let me share with others who may read your silliness and actually think that that is how life is.....
One: The commuters are not structured for you to get rich working there. Get your time and move on, or stay and when you have enough longevity you will be able to make enough to support your family modestly someday as your pay rate slowly climbs.
Two: When you act, write and talk like CG you will become like that. When you finally get that golden ticket to an interview, at the employer of your choice, you will probably fail, as this attitude will be uncovered during the stress of the interview.

CG. Grow up and quit your bitching. I know freedom of speech and blah, blah, blah. Don't forget sir that with freedom comes responsibility. I would really hate to fly with a guy like you. EVERYTHING is such an over reaction to you. You exaggerate so much that it falls into the category of lying to me. I don't need an untrustworthy person on my flight deck when the poop is hitting the fan. If I cannot trust what the person I am flying with is saying how can I trust them with my life?

Lastly, I am 100% behind voicing concerns on websites such as this. However they should be valid concerns backed up with truthful, concise, and real data. Rant over.....;)

Last edited:
Dude, You are a jerk! I am LAMA and see Mesa for what it is. Why do you persist in making it always worse than it is? Only conclusion I can come up with is.... You are a jerk.

1. Healthcare. Not great at Mesa but go look at the private sector and other airlines and see what they are paying for Upgraded plans. You would see that Mesa is not at the top of the list regarding cost to the employee. Is it great? No. But that is the commuter world.
2. Waiting in long lines with passengers? When is the last time you went through an airport without an employee line? My airline does not have Known Crew member because they buy us tickets. When I am commuting in uniform I just use the employee line.

Let me share with others who may read your silliness and actually think that that is how life is.....
One: The commuters are not structured for you to get rich working there. Get your time and move on, or stay and when you have enough longevity you will be able to make enough to support your family modestly someday as your pay rate slowly climbs.
Two: When you act, write and talk like CG you will become like that. When you finally get that golden ticket to an interview, at the employer of your choice, you will probably fail, as this attitude will be uncovered during the stress of the interview.

CG. Grow up and quit your bitching. I know freedom of speech and blah, blah, blah. Don't forget sir that with freedom comes responsibility. I would really hate to fly with a guy like you. EVERYTHING is such an over reaction to you. You exaggerate so much that it falls into the category of lying to me. I don't need an untrustworthy person on my flight deck when the poop is hitting the fan. If I cannot trust what the person I am flying with is saying how can I trust them with my life?

Lastly, I am 100% behind voicing concerns on websites such as this. However they should be valid concerns backed up with truthful, concise, and real data. Rant over.....;)

It's called the employee line = everyone in the airport. Have you been to IAD at 6am or during multiple international crews in front of you.

I am unsure how voicing facts regarding Mesa makes me a poor pilot.

- Most pilots have families, thus their insurance would be nearly 1600 per month.
- MGMT has been slow at the table while others are achieving TA agreements.
- QOL and pay is at the bottom of the industry.

Mesa still sucks.

Latest resources

Back