• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Eagle vote is on

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Remind me how many pea nickel peps voted no for that contract, because 99% of the ones I talk to voted no but it still passed by a high percentage. I lump you turds into the psa group. Hang your heads low pansies!

There has not been 400 interviews, but they may be on seniority number 400 when they had hired 27 people.

Name calling will not get you anywhere-it just shows you do not have the intelligence to have a thought on why people voted yes to the pinnacle contract. I was not voting for the industry and for your job or contract. I was voting for my mortgage and my kids. I wanted to be able to have my job for 2 more years to find a new job. You were not there when our MEC, Delta's MEC and ALPA national all pushed us to sign yes. Turns out, those three parties just might not have had our best interest in mind. I wish we voted no. I know now that Delta could not have lost the 10,000 seats that Delta passengers fly on Endeavor. They would not have found anyone else to replace those seats so they would not have shut us down like ALPA said.

There has not been 400 interviews, but they may be on seniority number 400 when they had hired 27 people.

Name calling will not get you anywhere-it just shows you do not have the intelligence to have a thought on why people voted yes to the pinnacle contract. I was not voting for the industry and for your job or contract. I was voting for my mortgage and my kids. I wanted to be able to have my job for 2 more years to find a new job. You were not there when our MEC, Delta's MEC and ALPA national all pushed us to sign yes. Turns out, those three parties just might not have had our best interest in mind. I wish we voted no. I know now that Delta could not have lost the 10,000 seats that Delta passengers fly on Endeavor. They would not have found anyone else to replace those seats so they would not have shut us down like ALPA said.

I tried to let ya all know there was no way the big D could shut you guys down and replace all your flying. Most regionals are having a hard enough time staffing what they already have on their plates!

Gee, I wonder if the Eagle MEC got a couple thousand phone calls/emails from pilots asking why they didn't get to vote on the agreement their union accepted in January...

Oh, now "the company" made them send it out:

"There were six of us who abstained from the vote. We have told the company numerous times that we do not want to entertain any agreement that contains concessions. They have not gotten the message and continue to force the issue of concessions at a time when we believe the state of the industry is obviously shifting in our favor," the two representatives wrote in the message.

...not exactly a "profiles in courage" moment, but at least the pilots vote for themselves. If they vote it down, then they own it. Otherwise, the MEC owns it 100%.​

Or people could have felt pride in themselves and decide that they weren't going to do the job for less, regardless of the threats.

^tell that to a former Comair pilot...

Really? Maybe you should asses the changes in the industry from that time period to now... No one was having staffing issues in those days! Have you noticed how recently many regionals are shrinking(due to lack of crews), pulling out of markets, and parking entire fleets(Republic, Lakes, etc.)?! Some management are being proactive and offering unsolicited raises along with quality of life increases(CommutAir was just offered large increases along with hotels in base for commuters)!

You blindly believe everything management spews to scare pilots into unnecessary/unneeded concessions?

Latest resources

Back