Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Malaysian 777 enroute to Beijing missing!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Catastrophic break up would still have some kind of explosion with the fuel and engines, electrical etc. So far all of the Sat shots of the last know pos show no flash or fire. Also with the above there would be massive amounts of stuff floating in the area, ala TWA. Although this scenario would account for the loss of COM/ACARS data at the same time. My guess - just that - planned takeover by one of the crew or both with possible help from cabin, TXP goes to OFF ACARS CB pulled and head to open ocean and dive in..hours away from the LOS...Andaman Sea or Bay of Bengal...well within range.
Another scenario kicking around is it was taken somewhere and put on the ground due to possible gold or cash onboard. They have never answered questions about what was aboard cargo wise.....3000 mile range with the fuel aboard. That one seems a bit less likely though possible.

I'm not seeing how it was stolen and landed, 200 plus folks with cell phones and nobody managed to get a call out? Only other option is they killed everyone, except pilots I suppose possible, depressurize, stay at altitude beyond oxy system limits for passengers. But that's a tight game, not much extra for pilots beyond what it takes to descend.

So has anyone flown the flight path all the way to China and actually looked down?

Two airlines midair in the 50's near the Grand Canyon, no radar control, they find them that afternoon.

Last edited:
I doubt there are many cell towers in the vicinity of the South China Sea, or the Andaman Sea if they turned 90 degrees left. I'm still in the hijacking/landing elsewhere camp vs. explosion.

I'm praying for that Red-
Just a better hope than the alternative

Latest resources

Back