Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Malaysian 777 enroute to Beijing missing!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know how good the radar coverage is in that part of the world, but here is a thought.. How far could a fully fueled 777 fly if it had literally descended to nap of the earth / Ocean altitude? and assuming this high fuel burn, could it reach a terrorist haven supporting Iran etc...

It just seems to me that there would be wreckage in any crash scenario, even a crew suicide, stuff would eventually float up to the surface..

Or there is a very small vertical whole (like Shanksville) somewhere in the heavy wet jungles out of sight.

Even if the transponder was off, ATC would have it as a primary target that would suddenly disappear.

How about a high altitude decompression, crew too slow to go on O2 and the plane wanders off to who knows were. Just thinking out loud and to be honest I've not followed the news on this that closely.

So it either blew up or someone turned off all the electrical systems faster than the messaging system could have forwarded faults.

Based on history, I vote blew up. Which, does not bode well for anybody claiming to be accomplishing a search.

Shepard Smith save the day!

He says the Chinese say they have a satellite photo of what's left pretty much under the last known position.

What I see does not look like what's left of a jet.

It seems that if it blew up (or broke up) there would be a large debris field that would have been spotted by now.

It seems more likely that it went down vertically into the water, or made landfall somewhere.

Either way is terrible for the families. I can't imagine what they are going through.

Latest resources

Back