Air Force to UAL New Hire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go fish sig

You all know getting a flight slot in the military isn't about superior skills or ability-

It's often as corrupt as any big govt would make it. Who you know, right comrade.

I PAID for my training, and helped to pay for yours- you're welcome

A 1900 with no AP or a highly automated aircraft with everything, I know which one is more proficient at instrument flying.

Go fish sig

You all know getting a flight slot in the military isn't about superior skills or ability-

It's often as corrupt as any big govt would make it. Who you know, right comrade.

I PAID for my training, and helped to pay for yours- you're welcome

I gonna call BS on that one! You are talking out of your buttocks again! PLC and ROTC flight slots are going to depend on your grades in college and how much effort you put into the program which for Marine Corps applicants means physical fitness. OCS guys get flight slots based on class ranking and needs of the service. Service academies also base it on your class rank and needs of the service. There are no strings you have to pull or deals you have to make.

Really the best way to get a flight slot if you want it is not connections or corruption but simply by getting good grades in college, at Annapolis, or in OCS. I didn't know anybody, and I came from a blue collar neighborhood but I did reasonably well in school and in PT, and I am sure most of the people here that were in the military will tell you the same story...... Oh wait, I bet I know where you came up with this litany of crap. You probably read a bunch of George Bush, National Guard, Dan Rather BS. Well go to baseops.net. They will tell you every NG unit that needs people. Meet the qualifications and a qualified person would probably get the job. No backroom deals needed.

A 1900 with no AP or a highly automated aircraft with everything, I know which one is more proficient at instrument flying.

Yeah but you really have to "work" to get a 1900 job. Most guys take those as a last resort when the "fly and RJ in as little as 250 hours" thing doesn't pan out. I have known many a Great Lakes pilot. There first goal after getting hired is to get out of Great Lakes, not to build flying skill. Remember the programs where you paid to sit right seat in a airliner then got an interview with a regional when you were done? I am sure that is a solid way to build experience. Way better than solo x-country in a say a T-38. :rolleyes:

What are you talking about?

I don't have perfect eyes

Once you need a waiver- it's definitely about who you know- and you know that
Lucky for me I never wanted to fly in the military

My grades and training were top notch and I succeeded-
But here's the problem I still have an issue with- needing 2-4 times the experience to get the same opportunities a mil pilot gets- meanwhile SWA helps perpetuate the culture of military superiority among their pilots and average mil guys piss all over us.
Read- we don't piss on them- they piss on us and they suck balls. Keep defending that AC, says a LOT about you

So answer AC
26/30 military in a new hire class

That's not BS to you?

(Btw did you see that?
Sig tried to flame me, and I turned it around and got you spooled up- sucka!)

"Minimums are only 250 hours, which can be waived to 190 hours if you attended a collegiate or Part 141 flight training program."

Where were you in the two last decades? When I was in college people usually instructed for about 3 years before they got a job flying cancelled checks in a Cessna 210, where after all those years instructing (not flying), they learned how to fly all over again.

So, now you are saying all those guys in the military who are pilot trainers/instructors don't know how to fly, are even less qualified than we first thought and should get a job flying Cessna 210 a couple thousand hours before even applying so they could "learn how to fly all over again"?

I guess we do agree an something.

Keep defending that AC, says a LOT about you
Keep that chip on your shoulder, it says a lot you. These are the guys who stepped up and allowed you to do what ever you wanted in this country by ensuring our freedom's would not be infringed upon by a foreign superior force. We sometimes forget that don't we?

But in your case is especially not fair, because no one in the military ever worked as hard as you did.

There it is

When all else fails wrap yourself in the flag eh?

So that is what it is then? A hookup to reward military service?
Look, I have a job and a good business an no one will tell me that I am not patriotic bc I was never in the military.

Ual. Aa. Fedex SWA dal

These are private corporations, with publicly traded stocks-
This is a very good conversation to have- why do you feel yip that military pilots are entitled to jobs at these valuable majors over civilians?

Because again- the real problem is THEIR sense of entitlement, not my reaction to it.

Because again- the real problem is THEIR sense of entitlement, not my reaction to it.
as opposed to your sense of entitlment because of all the hard work you have done in your career that these gov't service people never did, is that what we are hearing? That you have given so much more of yourself that anyone in the service ever did? You should get your union to vote to only hire 1 militarty pilot per class, you should bring it up at your next meeting, the unfairness of it all.

What are you talking about?

I don't have perfect eyes

Once you need a waiver- it's definitely about who you know- and you know that
Lucky for me I never wanted to fly in the military

My grades and training were top notch and I succeeded-
But here's the problem I still have an issue with- needing 2-4 times the experience to get the same opportunities a mil pilot gets- meanwhile SWA helps perpetuate the culture of military superiority among their pilots and average mil guys piss all over us.
Read- we don't piss on them- they piss on us and they suck balls. Keep defending that AC, says a LOT about you

So answer AC
26/30 military in a new hire class

That's not BS to you?

(Btw did you see that?
Sig tried to flame me, and I turned it around and got you spooled up- sucka!)

Your posts are getting quite pitiful. Physical requirements are permitted in hiring practices by the military, airlines, police deaprtemnts, fire departments and so on and so on, and have been for decades. The laser surgery program that the military statrted back in 2000 was to get more physcially qualified applicants, not less! All you had to do was fill out a form, go to an approved doctor who had been screened by the military to have a high success rate, and so the outcome could be monitored.

The problem with your posts still remain. You have a job without doing any military service. Was it solely because you knew somebody, was it pure luck, or did you get good grades and possess talent? (HINT: Don't say the last one because it blows your whole argument) What was the military experience of that last class? How many had civilain experience? Do you even know? Do you have to bend over when you talk?

Finally I am not a sucka for getting sppoled up. You made a bunch of false accusations so if I were to get spooled up it should be about lies and injustice. Attitudes like yours are a cancer to your peers. The worrisome thing is that you will find someone stupid enough to believe you. All I am doing is telling the truth. You are the sucka' if you have to go through life full of anger with a massive chip on your shoulder, yet it seems things have worked out quite well for you. I guess you need a something to complain about or someone to blame.

No one is pissing on you, you are pissing on yourself. That pee taste in your mouth is from your own urine. Remember if it is dark yellow that, means you are not properly hydrated. I learned that in PLC.

Latest resources

Back