• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mickey Mouse

Soli Deo Gloria
I am Confused, Should I Write it Up?

The company is telling me to write it up, the union says don't. Oh my goodness, I am stuck in a moral dilemma. Dear FAA, what should I do?

FROM YOUR MEC

Management advised us late yesterday that it has received reports that some pilots may be planning to engage in an illegal job action, possibly including a maintenance write-up campaign. While we do not have evidence that this is occurring, we want to advise you that any such actions that depart from normal longstanding operational practices with the intent to harm our airline?s operation could lead to discipline, including discharge, for individual pilots who participate. These types of activities could place individual pilots? careers in jeopardy. They are also very likely to also harm rather than help our collective pilot group?s abilities to expeditiously resume JCBA negotiations. We understand and share your frustration with the current situation, but remember that disrupting the operation could provide our mainline partners a reason to discontinue their relationship with ExpressJet, which would negatively impact all of our job security. Therefore, we strongly advise pilots not to engage in or contemplate engaging in such actions.

Last edited:
I edited "Right it up" in the thread title to "write it up". It's still showing Right it Up. I guess what's "Write is Right."

All I can say is I hope we prove the company wrong. This is not the time for this. We sent a message to te company. Let them respond. Continue to act professional and lead by example.

Maintenance management wants ALL discrepancies written up as well as all EICAS messages, even momentary ones. That is how they get put into TRAX for tracking repeats, etc. Pilots and maintenance controllers have been violated for not documenting discrepancies when they were discovered.

All discrepancies should be documented every time as soon as they are known. It seems to me that if the email is legit the association is encouraging pilots to hide discrepancies, that is against company policies and the FARs.

Last edited:
Maintenance management wants ALL discrepancies written up as well as all EICAS messages, even momentary ones. That is how they get put into TRAX for tracking repeats, etc. Pilots and maintenance controllers have been violated for not documenting discrepancies when they were discovered.

All discrepancies should be documented every time as soon as they are known. It seems to me that if the email is legit the association is encouraging pilots to hide discrepancies, that is against company policies and the FARs.

If so, that's just one more reason to dump ALPA.

Latest resources

Back