• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dubai to allow Rents to jump as much as 20%----article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Btw.. I've been to several parties hosted by Emiratis that make the Playboy Mansion look like a Mormon church on Sunday. Sorry you haven't been invited yet.

All outside in plain view? I didn't think so....

Hey, have fun with that, just don't get caught and lose your job....

Good aye!

Bye Bye---General Lee

All outside in plain view? I didn't think so....

Hey, have fun with that, just don't get caught and lose your job....

Good aye!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yes, mostly in plain view. Everything goes in the Dubai Marina and on the Palm, among other areas you have probably never stepped foot in. Lose my job? I don't work for Qatar. Again, so many people have so many misconceptions about life here. Ignorance is bliss, or typical narrow minded Americans... Take your pick.

Yes, mostly in plain view. Everything goes in the Dubai Marina and on the Palm, among other areas you have probably never stepped foot in. Lose my job? I don't work for Qatar. Again, so many people have so many misconceptions about life here. Ignorance is bliss, or typical narrow minded Americans... Take your pick.

You must not read PPRUNE. But, according to you and 8SugarSugar, they are all wrong over there. Yeah. Riiight. At least you enjoy the nightlife! That's FANTASTIC! Let me guess, you couldn't get hired at BA or QF? I bet you are happier.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

You must not read PPRUNE. But, according to you and 8SugarSugar, they are all wrong over there. Yeah. Riiight. At least you enjoy the nightlife! That's FANTASTIC! Let me guess, you couldn't get hired at BA or QF? I bet you are happier.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Really not sure why you have such an attitude when you obviously have no first hand experience with living in the sandbox. Nightlife is great, as is the many daytime activities we enjoy from boating to 4 wheeling to basically whatever you want to do. Get over yourself already.

After two decades+ over here...I think I qualify as a "non" narrow-minded American....I dot have an airline to go back to...we struck, I walked..they scabbed...I came...I stayed...young folks...GO HOME if you have a legacy recall, or job offer!

Enjoy your parties with your Emirate friends..I know they are posh...been there..easy to party with folks who have never done anything for themselves...with the advent of western countries using their own oil resources and becoming exporters instead of importing cartel-controlled (price-fixing?)oil, the region and their oil will become irrelevant, foreign militaries will find better places to spend their time, and...well..you figure out the rest...dont have to be Nostradamus

General, you have some very valid points, and you are way off on others.

For example, yes, many of us would love to come back home. I will come home when my kids are done with college (3-4 years) from now, debt-free with my house paid off. Couldn't have done it in the US.

As for getting in at Delta, yes, I'd like that, but at this time, I have no squadron buddies there, and I will not live in poverty or get into more debt for years slaving away at some Hulas-owned sweatshop or at some gem like Endeavor/Pinnacle or whatever they're called these days just to get in...

FAR 117 isn't a US invention. Actually General, it looks very much like CAP 371 - kind of an outdated set of FTDT regulations the Gulf region has been working under for quite some time. You just now got them... this isn't exactly a benefit, but I will concede it's a definite improvement over the old FAR's.

I am grateful for what I have, and what's gotten us through some of the most miserable times in aviation, and while I'm at it... I've gotten to see the world to the point that if/when I get back to the US and maybe even at Delta, I won't be drooling over a LHR, AMS, MUC, CDG, GVA, ZRH, NRT, etc... Been there, done that... I'll be the happiest camper flying LAX-ATL.

Since coming to fly in the Middle East, I've flown into and got to experience places like Seychelles, Mauritius, Maldives, Singapore, Kilimanjaro, Olbia, Palma de Mallorca, Cairo (and seen the pyramids), Luxor, Sharm el Sheikh, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Kruger National Park the list goes on and on... some nice, others interesting.

Life is what you make of it. I'd say coming to the Middle East isn't exactly what I envisioned for my career, but life's unfortunate circumstances such as Aloha going under with literally a couple days notice have brought me here. I can choose to be miserable and dwell on stuff I can't control, or I can choose to make the best of it. I think it's pretty obvious what I chose...

Enjoy what you have General... and hope happens to your career as it has for many of us.

Latest resources

Back