• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dubai to allow Rents to jump as much as 20%----article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm really not sure why so many people think a legacy is the end all be all. I've done it all and find working conditions and the general treatment of airline professionals to be very lacking in the usa and still declining. Bean counters despise us and that treatment of disdain is hard to tolerate these days after all the sacrifices given back so management can continue their climb up the corporate ladder. Personally, I'd rather be working for a company where I can drive to work, or be driven in this case, fly a trip with individuals from a diverse background, and enjoy the company of young, attractive and energetic cabin crew who enjoy their job instead of grannies bitching all day that someone wants a refill of their drink. I'll continue doing it until something better catches my eye but having to think about fighting for a jumpseat to get to work on an oversold flight and stay in a crap airport hotel on reserve does not appeal to me in any form. Expat life can be a great experience. And I don't have to listen to a bunch of fox news babble and obese doomsday preppers talking about guns and ammo all day.

Spot on.

fv

And I don't have to listen to a bunch of fox news babble and obese doomsday preppers talking about guns and ammo all day.

They're not all obese.

The whole industry is crap really...world wide....I would rather be in a place where I could greet my loved one with a large hug and a kiss and not get arrested...in the same citynwhere the bars are infested with hookers...where a car accident is blamed on the offender...and not the non-emirati...that being said..one's chances of being car-jacked here is nil...your kids probably won't get killed in a school shooting...so one weighs the good and the bad....while ALPO is a bit of a toothless tiger, it is nice to know you won't get fired for a minor fender-bender or close call even before you get back to base...or some bearded idiot get you deported by filing a false police report you flipped him off...just because he doesn't like infidels in his country....it's all a matter of personal choice isn't it now...

The whole industry is crap really...world wide....I would rather be in a place where I could greet my loved one with a large hug and a kiss and not get arrested...in the same citynwhere the bars are infested with hookers...where a car accident is blamed on the offender...and not the non-emirati...that being said..one's chances of being car-jacked here is nil...your kids probably won't get killed in a school shooting...so one weighs the good and the bad....while ALPO is a bit of a toothless tiger, it is nice to know you won't get fired for a minor fender-bender or close call even before you get back to base...or some bearded idiot get you deported by filing a false police report you flipped him off...just because he doesn't like infidels in his country....it's all a matter of personal choice isn't it now...

Mostly correct, but things are improving in the States. Big time retirements coming, and legacy airlines are becoming more profitable and hence more stable due to consolidation. People that looked for greener (or sandier) pastures may be looking back towards the States for those reasons mentioned.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Mostly correct, but things are improving in the States. Big time retirements coming, and legacy airlines are becoming more profitable and hence more stable due to consolidation. People that looked for greener (or sandier) pastures may be looking back towards the States for those reasons mentioned.

Bye Bye---General Lee

That still has zero bearing on how one is treated by management goons. And last I checked there was no retirement age for cabin crew. My assessment remains.

That still has zero bearing on how one is treated by management goons. And last I checked there was no retirement age for cabin crew. My assessment remains.

Huh? Which management goons are you talking about? Those management types know huge retirements are coming, and the pay is rising (DL has highest new hire pay in the US legacies) and the contract is a good one. New FARs were just created to combat fatigue. Has that made it over to the ME yet? How about those 2 man turns to India from all of the Gulf capitals? No thanks! And it appears you may have younger Cabin crew, but still need permission at some Gulf Carriers to marry them? Say what??? That's Fantastic, NOT!!! Is the ruler your Dad? Do you ever have to surrender passports too? Hmmmm.

Your assessment is way off.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
And it appears you may have younger Cabin crew, but still need permission at some Gulf Carriers to marry them?

At least they're worth marrying. Or even just looking at, for that matter.

Management goons that sack and deport you for having a dinner in a public restaurant with the "wrong" cabin crew....

Latest resources

Back