• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Link to ExpressJet TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If it were to ever pass the door wouldn't close until the push back crew is sitting on the tug.

ACARS is a simple system. Out time = pax door closed, parking brake released, off time = weight off wheels, on time = weight on wheels, in time = pax door open. That is it! No other way to monitor. The anti-skid system is not linked into the ACARS system so there is no way for the company to monitor wheel speed!

ACARS is a simple system. Out time = pax door closed, parking brake released, off time = weight off wheels, on time = weight on wheels, in time = pax door open. That is it! No other way to monitor. The anti-skid system is not linked into the ACARS system so there is no way for the company to monitor wheel speed!

So what do they use to peg an out time? GPS position?

This is a disaster waiting to happen. The language is so loose. There must be a reason they separated the aircraft out and in times between the CRJ and the E-145. The CRJ currently operates under the door closed and parking brake off conditions for block-out. Both aircraft are capable of using the same out and in times. The Joint MEC continues to disgust me every time I read a new section. They can take this sht back and start over.

Here is the language from Section 3 of the TA regarding Block Times:

Pay/Block Time

CRJ Fleet and New Equipment

Block-out time occurs when an aircraft first moves from the ramp, blocks under its own power, or by push-back for the purposes of flight. Block-in time occurs when the aircraft comes to rest at the next point of landing or returns to the ramp.

What the Fu'k does "block under its own power mean"? Do they mean "move under its own power?" Also, we are gonna get reamed on the block-in times. This is all new language, and they are going to use it to maximize pilot cost control. I have a feeling that when we land at our destination or diversion airport, we will not get paid for waiting for a parking spot during ramp congestion, gate occupied, or parking during diversions. This is a major hit on our pay during the highest work loads. The language clearly says "Block-in time occurs when the aircraft comes to rest at the next point of landing or returns to the ramp". It does not stipulate "whichever comes later or first". We are going to get ripped-off at the gate too. During de-icing or other prolonged gate operations with the door closed, we will not get paid. I can't count on the good will of the company for this section of the contract. I've been burned too many times. Burn me once, shame on you; Burn me twice, shame on me.

If it means the same ghetto gaggers who code all the delays as "08M: late completion of checklist" will be coding out and in then I'm confident it's a disaster.

I wonder if it would be best to just go to day rates. Since we are subject to so much unpaid usage of our time. It may be better if we negotiate a per-day amount. That way, the company gets max usage and we get max pay. We could equate this to an 8 hour block per day minimum for ANY day of usage. That way, they can have unlimited usage of our time and skills for each day, and we can paid for it.

Latest resources

Back