• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My apology to Nevets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nah, just keep our current contract by voting no for now. I hope to be out of here myself.

NO!

So you admit that our entire contract is better than the SkyWest contract. Why did you try to tell me that they make more? Once again, it's easy to be a chest thumper when you don't even have the facts to back it up.

JM calm down. You'll get another 2-3 years out of it before the doors close. You can always move on ya know. as you spout, the regional model is broke.

NO!

You keep retirement for 3 years... We get zero. Your insurance still subsidized more that ours. Your out times start when door closes, ours count when plane starts to move. You MMG guarantee for vacation stays at 75 with ability to drop conflicting trips, our vacation goes down to 65 MMG.... I thought they would divide and conquer...but apparently not,.... This TA is bad bad Leroy brown...baddest TA in the whole dam town..

Why would anyone vote yes? What am I missing here?i

All those things are either status quo or huge concessions for the ERJ side!

So would you trade our contract, or our TA for the entire SkyWest contract? Answer that simple question.

I would if they merge all three groups.

This TA is nothing but a gratuitous kick in the head.

It's meant to be insulting, denigrating, and demoralizing. It might save them $10.

Why would they do that?

Because we're getting shut down either way. This is just a little parting gift from Utah and a way to get their guys in line.

NO

Last edited:
So you admit that our entire contract is better than the SkyWest contract. Why did you try to tell me that they make more? Once again, it's easy to be a chest thumper when you don't even have the facts to back it up.

No I don't admit their contract is better than LASA's, those are your words JM. As for compensation they do make more. Their pay rate/hourly is a few dollars more, their performance pay more than that $40 check we usually get (minus ALPA's cut mind you), plus they're nonunion, so no dues. Look JM, no matter how you try to twist it, this TA blows. Get over it. Your buddy Newie did a crap job along with the LECs & NC but they didn't cut their 6 hour credit did they?

HELL NO!

So would you trade our contract, or our TA for the entire SkyWest contract? Answer that simple question.

Yes I would. I am wondering if the play needs to be a no vote, followed by a grassroots drive to boot ALPA off the property. I have gone full circle from believing ALPA was a necessary evil to ALPA is a country club full of members that don't want to get booted out. I am appalled at the violations of the current contract that the ALPA reps want to brush under the rug to not ruffle the feathers. I have had my views swayed to the point that our MEC is less on our side than management.

I believe our best future is without ALPA and as One company with Skywest. 7,000 plus strong. One management, one seniority list, no union. No more divide and conquer.

Voting No for contract
Voting YES to remove anybody in our current ALPA

Skywest, United and Delta have a plan for you guys, unfortunately it is gonna be painful. SKYW hates unions more than you can imagine, probably almost as much as UAL DAL does.
As the draw down/transfer happens, junior pilots will jump over to the UAL/DAL side and continue their careers at first year pay, senior guys will hold on for dear life and wonder how much Homer Dipot, starting pay will be, after the doors are chained shut.
They sent the dwarf to do the dirty work, and you are getting a taste. The problem isn't ALPA it's the airline business. Regionals were always the "D" scale operations, created to keep employee pay low, nothing more. This isn't about just pilots, it's about every employee who gets paid less than a mainline position. Wanna fix the problem? Quit, walk away, say thanks but no thanks, but you won't and they know it, because they study you like an an ant farm on a desk. Our need or desire to fly makes us very predictable and even easier to manipulate, congrats you will pay dearly for that need or desire. Crack Hos will do anything for a rock and pilots will do even more.....

Latest resources

Back