Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RiddleEagle18

Ready to send in a card yet?

By the way this was released to the pilot group while the PVC was in a meeting. Nice huh?

For outsiders.
13% 3% 3%

Premium pay(150%) above 78 hours gone.

This agreement still leaves us behind our peers and the agreed upon annual peer review is officially gone.

Removal of the 3a clause as well.

So in the future they can give raises to certain group at different percentages than everyone else.

Merit pay clause! Ripe for abuse.

No furloughed pilots welcome either.

Non compete clause. You can not return to your previous 121 carrier for 2 years after initial employment.

Just re read it. You can not return to your previous 121 carrier or its parent.

Eagle guys won't be able accept a class ate AA if they stop at jetblue for less than 2 years.

Last edited:
Terrible - but not surprising. JB is basically asking pilots to apply elsewhere. The bar continues to be lowered.

If I were a junior pilot at JB I would have already sent out my apps to all of the legacies and a few other faster-growing LCCs and started working my network big time... Might be more difficult to move if you are mid-to-senior level given the pay, but junior people would have few excuses to not apply elsewhere IMO.

No furloughed pilots welcome either.

Non compete clause. You can not return to your previous 121 carrier for 2 years after initial employment.

Just re read it. You can not return to your previous 121 carrier or its parent.

Eagle guys won't be able accept a class ate AA if they stop at jetblue for less than 2 years.

Is this clause just for furloughed pilots, or is it a general non-compete for all new hires? Is it retroactive, meaning if someone were hired this summer, for example, would it apply to them or only new hires going forward? And what's the penalty for violating it? Thanks in advance.

Terrible - but not surprising. JB is basically asking pilots to apply elsewhere. The bar continues to be lowered.

If I were a junior pilot at JB I would have already sent out my apps to all of the legacies and a few other faster-growing LCCs and started working my network big time... Might be more difficult to move if you are mid-to-senior level given the pay, but junior people would have few excuses to not apply elsewhere IMO.

As always thank you for your opinion.

(the guy that does not work here)

I'm no lawyer, but it looks like it applies to any pilot who chooses to go back to his/her previous 121 carrier (or it's parent) within two years after being hired. Wouldn't necessarily be furloughed pilots only, but that's the only realistic implication. I don't see any language that could preclude a pilot with less than 2 years seniority from going to another company.

Latest resources

Back