• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is AT&T losing its pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There has been good information on this thread and some good corporate pilot life lessons. Why the negativity?

I certainly hope you never have to sit around a conference table awaiting to hear your fate like we did in the Summer of 2008.

Agreed, my brother. A lot of us gave up good gigs for this place. Even flew our asses off at the expense of our families on short staffing to hold open positions for those that took our jobs in the furlough. Complete crap.

Rum, you were a great guy to fly with. Glad I had the privilege.

Sorry you went through the experience as well. I spent today in the French Quarter in Hanoi, Vietnam. I love being an expat so for me being surplus was a good thing and I put a G550 type on my ticket. I work with another surplus pilot and we are having a blast on trips.

What I don't like is how promises were made and not kept. I know there were several people who would have welcomed a callback.

Cheers-

I, too, am sorry for Fido...

My heartburn is with the moral aspect. There are too many jerk offs who run departments without a compass of decency.

People need to focus on doing what is right, not on getting "the biggest Falcon flight department in the world." (TM)

It is time to get out of flying. I think I will go into international <fill in the blank> on my next furlough.

Take care, RUM. See you at the DD concert in Shanghai!

Agreed, my brother. A lot of us gave up good gigs for this place. Even flew our asses off at the expense of our families on short staffing to hold open positions for those that took our jobs in the furlough. Complete crap.

Rum, you were a great guy to fly with. Glad I had the privilege.

Back at ya! Glad you found a good gig!

Cheers-

Did you guys who flew there ever hear of the Pompous Asst CP listening into the CVR? Apparently when the company had 2 bases, he got caught by a maint guy listening in on what folk were saying about him. Really hope that's still not going on.

Thanks, man. It means a lot. Glad you and Sanford made it to the plus side of the ledger, too. Two really awesome guys. Don't muck it up, bro.

Terri says hi! :)

He is back at the ranch under a T8 signal. I am waiting it out in Vietnam, leave tomorrow. Back out Saturday to Chang Mai, Thailand for four nights- tough schedule.

Say hi to Terri!

Turtle-

I wasn't there really long enough to know everyone. I still can't believe what a dysfunctional department it became (or always was and I didn't know it). If anything it should serve as a cautionary tale.

I got to work (and still with one) with some great folks. Sorry they got the axe so some could get out from under homes they couldn't afford, get a paid move to Dallas, only to leave or retire shortly thereafter.

Cheers-

Rum

Did you guys who flew there ever hear of the Pompous Asst CP listening into the CVR? Apparently when the company had 2 bases, he got caught by a maint guy listening in on what folk were saying about him. Really hope that's still not going on.

I don't recall it, although people joked about such a thing... That joke is thrown around everywhere so I don't put much weight behind it.

Any guesses as to how many pilots are planning to leave now that all the majors are hiring again? It sounds like 3 or 4 are exploring their options

Latest resources

Back