• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alternative to blue juice?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We use a deal that dissolves in water. But I can't remember the name of it. It looks like something you put in a dishwasher.

But I used to buy this small bottle of drops at Ace Hardware that only took to drops to eliminate odors. No smell at all.

Thank y'all for the links and info. I don't care how much juice you put into the rv style airplane toliet it seems like a urine!!! I will use one of the products from the link. What works best, the fluid or the powder mix?

We have our own lav cart for our Hawker and we use the the little blue packs that dissolve in water. Our cart has a 15 gallon service tank and it calls for 1 pack/5gal IIRC but I double it and we have no odor issues. When we dump the lav we will service it with 2 gallons of plain water and flush it a couple/three times, dump it and service with the blue lav water.

Previously we had a Beechjet and that pi$$ poor excuse of a lav was horrible. We carried the powder with us for on the road service and at home base we used the clear liquid from Clean Flush. It still stunk no matter what.

Last edited:
Stinky lav

West Marine has an additive meant for boats called ExterminOdor. If you pour a little in after the normal blue juice it does help greatly with the smell.

This product was recommended by a mechanic, however I do not know if it is "approved" or needs to be. YMMV.

Latest resources

Back