• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10/250

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I admit all of my facts are anecdotal, but the reports from all of the various companies as to number of owners, fleet size, etc., seem to support them.

I say "the line is not very long" because while I do not know all cusomters or prosepctive customers, I do not know a single person who has either bought a new share at NJA or migtrated from another major provider to NJA in the past few years. I do perosnally know about 50+ NJA owners/former owners who have either completely exited NJA or substantially reduced their NJA shares and have replaced their NJA flying with another major provider. And most of these changes were service based (not pilots), not all economically motivated.

I am critical of NJA management since they took an organization that was truly the epitome of customer service with unbelievable marketshare and pricing power and destroyed it -- however they still seem to think it is 2007. And the once very cooperative and responsive dialogue with its owners has been eliminated and owners are now treated with contempt and like they are idiots. I think it is helpful for the pilots to know how things really are from the customer side and not just the rosy pictures delivered by management.

A prominent lovable person within the flight operations likes to say "this is what keeps me up at night." I have recently washed through CMH and made it abundantly clear that we neither have the staffing or airframes to meet current demand based on personal observation. I am very concerned about brand erosion as are others. Our owners deserve better...as do the rank and file within Columbus and on the flight line. As part of my briefing, I make it a point to ask owners what Netjets can do to make their experience better. A majority of them are surprisingly satisfied....which is good on face value, but disconnected from my perception of how thin the operation is stretched. But protracted adversarial negotiations with Dispatchers, Flight Attendants and Pilots do not make for happy motivated employees.

Here's my guess...
Anyone that believes this 10/250 idea is real has been punked!

No one can believe their own press enough to think they "deserve" that much for so little, except maybe Bieber.

A majority of them are surprisingly satisfied....which is good on face value,

All owners I know a very satisfied with the pilots. I think many of them will not complain to the pilots about problems and issues the owners are having with operations. My guess is all newcomers to private aviation are ecstatic (as we all once were). However, longer owners of NJ shares see the service as inferior to what it once was. It is all about expectations -- when these are incredibly great and responsive (a 100 on a scale), getting a mere 96 while still great is a step down. The real test of owners' sentiment is where their private aviation dollars are going -- and the "net flow" of these dollars is not into NJ. I have also pointed out before how various departments at NJ can "play" with their numbers to make their department look better and management then uses the same numbers to show how wonderful things are -- but so far from reality.

The old NJ culture was do whatever it takes to get an owner where they expect to be on time or as close to it. That is no longer the culture. I have had quite a number of flights (some in the past year, and this has happened to others I know) where operations decides it is better to give the owner the contractual credit for a late flight (capped at 2 hours in the last few years of contracts -- but it did not used to be capped) than actually bring in a recovery aircraft (which may be larger) or use sell off. While that may save NJ $$, it does not make for happy owners. This is especially true as sales uses the "depth" of the NJ and EJM fleets for recovery purposes as one of the major reasons to use NJ and not a competitor.

NJAowner, we had similar issues early last decade, especially in the summer of 2005. Rapid growth and a contentious labor/management relationship were a bad combination. We are beginning to see the same, and we are doing more with 100 fewer aircraft and 500 fewer pilots.

The ebbs and flows continue, and we will get over it-eventually. Please remember one very important thing. The vast majority of pilots will do what it takes to make your purchase pleasurable. What you don't see prior to wheels up would astound you. Additionally, the current EMT will be long gone way before we are. Your continued support will contribute to that end.

THE STORY SO FAR.....

fischman believes he is worth a raise....

imacdog is angry with fishman for wanting a raise....

THE END

I think "amused" would be a better descriptor for Fisch wanting a more than 100% raise. Not "A" raise, as you stated. "A" raise, as I have stated, is in order for NJA pilots. Seems you guys aren't bright enough to get that raise, if you're so incapable of reading comprehension. :)

I think "amused" would be a better descriptor for Fisch wanting a more than 100% raise. Not "A" raise, as you stated. "A" raise, as I have stated, is in order for NJA pilots. Seems you guys aren't bright enough to get that raise, if you're so incapable of reading comprehension. :)

Petty and insulting.... soooo classy...

Imacdog is correct. Would we want a raise that is too much? If it makrs NJA noncompetitive? His point is spot on.

Again... What competition?

Sales is making the company uncompetitive. Not the pilots.

Latest resources

Back