• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10/250

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To add to the perfect storm, the majors are hiring and the pool of qualified applicants is drying up due to the 1500TT rule (which I agree with).
We don't need qualified applicants at the present time. When hiring does start up, unfortunately NJA will be drawing from the same pool as the regionals, if they don't decide to shoot even lower. Time will tell on that deal.

We don't need qualified applicants at the present time. When hiring does start up, unfortunately NJA will be drawing from the same pool as the regionals, if they don't decide to shoot even lower. Time will tell on that deal.

Think long term. It is going to be years before the CBA is signed, then the life of the CBA, then the negotiations for the next and so on. There is a qualified pilot shortage.

If we want to be competitive for these QUALIFIED PILOTS which we will need, we will need a competitive salary. That means 10/$250.

I have to disagree. The size of the company matters greatly. Flex, FLOPS, and XOjet combined don't have half the revenue NetJets does. To get the money we are talking about, we are asking for $.02 of every dollar of revenue the company brings in. $.02. Flex, FLOPS, and XOjet would obviously have much higher percentages to get to the MINIMUM for 10/$250 and can't compete. COMBINED, they aren't in the same league. We are our own animal and define OURSELVES.

Aim small, miss small. THIS is our chance. Will we take it? Will we settle for NBAA rates for a CE560 driver who only flies 200 hours a year while we do +600 for the same money? The perfect storm is coming for the company. They are short on NetJets pilots. They are making insane amounts of money on operations. They are making insane amounts of money on the Signature Series. The factories can't build the jets fast enough. The economy is recovering. Occupied hours are rising. Oh yeah.. AND THE OWNERS LOVE US, not the company... US. The PILOTS.

Are we going to sell ourselves short like imacdog is willing to do? I'm worth WAYYYYY more than that. If you aren't, time to move on.

Excellent Post! We need to demand our worth!

Are we going to sell ourselves short like imacdog is willing to do? I'm worth WAYYYYY more than that. If you aren't, time to move on.

Interesting. You'd leave if a CBA passes where a 10-year captain doesn't make 250K? Can I call you on this after the next contract passes?

I have to disagree. The size of the company matters greatly. Flex, FLOPS, and XOjet combined don't have half the revenue NetJets does. To get the money we are talking about, we are asking for $.02 of every dollar of revenue the company brings in. $.02. Flex, FLOPS, and XOjet would obviously have much higher percentages to get to the MINIMUM for 10/$250 and can't compete. COMBINED, they aren't in the same league. We are our own animal and define OURSELVES.

Aim small, miss small. THIS is our chance. Will we take it? Will we settle for NBAA rates for a CE560 driver who only flies 200 hours a year while we do +600 for the same money? The perfect storm is coming for the company. They are short on NetJets pilots. They are making insane amounts of money on operations. They are making insane amounts of money on the Signature Series. The factories can't build the jets fast enough. The economy is recovering. Occupied hours are rising. Oh yeah.. AND THE OWNERS LOVE US, not the company... US. The PILOTS.

How do you arrive at the 2% cost to the company? That's only $20 million on a billion in sales.

Interesting. You'd leave if a CBA passes where a 10-year captain doesn't make 250K? Can I call you on this after the next contract passes?

That's not what I said. I said if you think you are not worth 10/$250 AS A MINIMUM, it's time to move on.

How do you arrive at the 2% cost to the company? That's only $20 million on a billion in sales.

I am not a math whiz. It's on the union boards. You can read the post with the math there.

I believe Fisch is also leaving out that the average part 91 pilot, while flying less hours than an equivalent NJA pilot, takes on management, dispatch, flight coordination, and other ancillary duties that NJA pilots do not. Compared with the average part 91 pilots, NJA pilots are actually closer to "walking in and turning left" than not.

That's not what I said. I said if you think you are not worth 10/$250 AS A MINIMUM, it's time to move on.

What's the difference? You don't make that now, so why aren't you moving on? If a contract passes that doesn't get 10/250, are you going to follow your own advice and move on? Or do you just have a cute catch phrase that you don't plan on applying to yourself?

I believe Fisch is also leaving out that the average part 91 pilot, while flying less hours than an equivalent NJA pilot, takes on management, dispatch, flight coordination, and other ancillary duties that NJA pilots do not. Compared with the average part 91 pilots, NJA pilots are actually closer to "walking in and turning left" than not.

And we don't?

I've done my own flight planning. I've fixed management errors. I've driven to get catering. I've chauffeured pax to other airports.

Sorry man. 91 pilot doesn't compare.

Latest resources

Back