• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS Airbus down in Birmingham

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wake up tomorrow and it could happen to you. Death isn't a gender specific caller. There aren't words for some things in life. Sad day for all of us.

the "Talladega transition" on that GPS approach is a ********************ty design...

I landed in BHM on Tuesday morning about this same time, 5am local. Work was being done at the far end of runway 6 and the last several thousand feet were closed and PAEW were working on that end. Temporary stop bar lights were located prior to the rwy 6/18 intersection. Not sure if runway 18/36 was affected.

Flightaware shows the airplane descending at over 5,000 fpm in the last few minutes but could be just an error on flightaware's part.

Thoughts and prayers are with all the family, friends and coworkers of these crew members. Back when I was a commuter airline pilot I was based in SDF and hitched a ride back and forth on UPS about twice a week; many times in the A-300. I found UPS to be a top notch organization and enjoyed meeting many of you.

Condolences on the loss of two of your own. I won't speculate- waiting for the NTSB to do their job.

"You" may think of yourself as just a taxi/bus driver here. Go peddle back to your GA boards...you are not welcome in a professional 121 discussion involving the loss of life of two professional airmen.

+1000. These arent taxi or bus drivers. They were competent, trained, educated and highly skilled aviators held in the highest regards by their peers in the 121 world. They held one of the most coveted and hardest jobs in the 121 world. We lost two fine aviatiors today. Please don't dumb it down or feed the clueless media by calling our peers " bus drivers." Have some damn respect for them and well as our profession. Godspeed.

I knew her. I put my name in her logbook.....she was my friend. some of your posts make me want to put a .45 APC in your F@cking head. I will be at her service...will you?

Last edited:
Goose....reported to the authorities for further review...that appears to constitute a threat...

Latest resources

Back