• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW selling XJT?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I have to say is nevets is an idiot. Typical of an original expressjet dweeb. Brainless :erm::puke:

Delta is taking control of their regional feed by operating more DC-9, MD-80/90, and soon 717's to those markets once served by RJs. It is clear that Delta is working towards eliminating/reducing RJ service as much as possible.

There is no need for Delta to "take control of a bunch of pilots for the shortage" because Delta will never have a pilot shortage. Delta will always have the option to hire pilots of their choosing - in the past, that hiring order has proven to exhibit the following:

1. military pilots
2. female/minority pilots
3. regional jet pilots

While I don't agree with that order, it is the reality we live in. A pilot should be hired based on his/her piloting skills, airmanship, and professionalism - not their ethnicity or gender.

Which brings me to my next point: Delta will never buy ASA/XJT because that purchase would bring with it some of our "misfit" pilots, whose sole purpose in life seem to only exist to stir up trouble, i.e. The White Dragon, The Palm, etc.

These rumors of Delta looking to purchase ASA/XJT reminds me of the wishful talk that Pinnacle (Endeavor) pilots spoke of before voting themselves into that rotten deal. There is a high probability that Endeavor will soon face the same challenges that Comair once did, and we all know how that ended. I certainly hope the pilot group at ASA/XJT don't go down that same path.

Wishful talk? Why would someone be wishful of being bought by delta? It's the kiss of death.

Which brings me to my next point: Delta will never buy ASA/XJT because that purchase would bring with it some of our "misfit" pilots, whose sole purpose in life seem to only exist to stir up trouble, i.e. The White Dragon, The Palm, etc.

Anyone know when the White Dragon will retire finally? She appeared to be about 75 a few years ago.

I'll bet she gets a quadruple water cannon they'll be so happy.

Anyone know when the White Dragon will retire finally? She appeared to be about 75 a few years ago.

I'll bet she gets a quadruple water cannon they'll be so happy.

Believe it or not she's only been here 15yrs. (DOH 08/03/1998) She's number 270 according to the July 2013 list. I think we may have a little ways to go before she retires.

Latest resources

Back