• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All ASA pilots...please read!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't be suckered by the promises of new flying or the threats of sell offs and air frame reductions. If the company starts losing money in the future and becomes unsuccessful, we can always renegotiate then.

The biggest question that should be going through everyone's mind right now is why, why, and why are the negotiators even considering concessions.

They even mentioned Comair in their communication. They've already thrown in the towel.

No, No, No and No.

Concessions? No. Improvements? Yes.

The biggest question that should be going through everyone's mind right now is why, why, and why are the negotiators even considering concessions.

They even mentioned Comair in their communication. They've already thrown in the towel.

No, No, No and No.

Concessions? No. Improvements? Yes.

They are starting in a position of weakness. I don't have much faith in the joint MEC. They may be subject to creative accounting mesmerization by the company's negotiators. The JNC has been a revolving door of individuals ever since it began. They have never articulated a clear strategy or endgame to the pilot group. They bicker and ostracize each other continuously. It is worrisome.

They are starting in a position of weakness. I don't have much faith in the joint MEC. They may be subject to creative accounting mesmerization by the company's negotiators. The JNC has been a revolving door of individuals ever since it began. They have never articulated a clear strategy or endgame to the pilot group. They bicker and ostracize each other continuously. It is worrisome.

What better time than now to scrap the whole lot of them, decertify the union, and save the rest of us our 2% and whole lot of trouble. To hell with the union. They're a bunch of worthless, spineless thieves.

Let me ask, If it were truly beneficial and worthwhile to be a part of their cabal, why are we forced to pay dues or contract fees through dues check off? People should be knocking down the doors with their checkbooks if it were really worth a damn. Instead they have to force us to finance their little scam. That's how you know it's a scam. Vote ALPA out!

The 2nd Quarter financial results clearly show that SKYW Incorporated can turn a profit, even under the most arduous financial times. However, their negotiating committee insists that SKYW needs concessions from the pilot group for future success. I simply don't believe it. Over the past 6 years SKYW has continuously secured new flying for its airlines. They did it with low ball competitors in the market then; they can do it now. Now they say they can't compete with GoJet or Endeavor for new flying. I have more faith in them. I believe that SKYW can succeed without any concessions from the pilot group. Furthermore, I think they could even afford even a little more. The negotiators for SKYW are highly skilled in disinformation campaigns and end game strategies. Their end game is very likely a break even contract. They can't start the compensation discussions at the current levels because then they can only go up from current levels. If they start low, then they can always end up at the current level. SKYW is successful with the current pilot contract. They can be successful with it in the near future. They would love to have some of your money back in order to be even more profitable. That is natural. They are a business. As long as they are profitable, there is absolutely no need to concede any of our already low wages and life draining work rules. Don't be suckered by the promises of new flying or the threats of sell offs and air frame reductions. If the company starts losing money in the future and becomes unsuccessful, we can always renegotiate then.

SkyWest Airlines is successful, Xjet is not. Don't get confused..
How do you think INC. got the money to buy two sub-par airlines?

Well they really are morons oer at Inc. then. Because this has EVERYTHING to do with the pilots, right?

Let me ask you something. What is your point?

What better time than now to scrap the whole lot of them, decertify the union, and save the rest of us our 2% and whole lot of trouble. To hell with the union. They're a bunch of worthless, spineless thieves.

Let me ask, If it were truly beneficial and worthwhile to be a part of their cabal, why are we forced to pay dues or contract fees through dues check off? People should be knocking down the doors with their checkbooks if it were really worth a damn. Instead they have to force us to finance their little scam. That's how you know it's a scam. Vote ALPA out!

The union is a necessary evil in this industry. The union works best when we are all singing the same song. I am not hearing any music right now.

Well they really are morons oer at Inc. then. Because this has EVERYTHING to do with the pilots, right?

Let me ask you something. What is your point?

My point is SkyWest Airlines makes inc. money, while xjet does not..
Inc. would be in BK if they didn't own SkyWest.

Back when Inc. bought ASA, we were more profitable than Skywest. Then there were the Delta rate resets and the acquisition of Xjet and inheriting their contracts.

Latest resources

Back