Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

XPOO

You are now free to...
Anyone working at Republic that can give us SkyWest dispatchers any insight on the contract you'll be voting on? We are starting the process of a pay proposal ourselves. Looking to hopefully enchange info.

If I had to make a guess, I would be willing to bet that the changes to pay at OO will be a big zero. With the 175's set to come online, that will be used as a reason not to increase pay due to the need keep costs low and secure the flying.

Thank you for your insight, but instead of under-cutting each other we need to stand up and work together. If SkyWest is going to lose flying because they gave a group of 100 people a raise, then the company has more issues than just employee compensation.

You need to look at a much bigger picture than just your department....You set the ball rolling in one area, you give ammo to other departments for increased wages. Is there even a pay scale for pilots flying the 175?

You need to look at a much bigger picture than just your department....You set the ball rolling in one area, you give ammo to other departments for increased wages. Is there even a pay scale for pilots flying the 175?

Yes, there is. The same as the scale for flying a CRJ7 or a CRJ9. Not sure what that has to do with dispatching, again. And maybe SkyWest would like to get all of the departments locked into a payscale for the next three years so they'll know their cost structure for bidding. You never know until you try. If there are actual Republic dispatchers out there that don't want to share information with us, then that's fine, too. Everyone in here is already getting a raise next year, it just time to figure out how much of a raise it will be.

Yes, there is. The same as the scale for flying a CRJ7 or a CRJ9. Not sure what that has to do with dispatching, again. And maybe SkyWest would like to get all of the departments locked into a payscale for the next three years so they'll know their cost structure for bidding. You never know until you try. If there are actual Republic dispatchers out there that don't want to share information with us, then that's fine, too. Everyone in here is already getting a raise next year, it just time to figure out how much of a raise it will be.

According to a buddy of mine who flys for you guys, there is not a payscale set in stone yet for the 175...Of course pilot pay has to do with dispatching, due to it all falls into operating costs. And since we are talking about pay raises, it does apply to your post topic.

According to a buddy of mine who flys for you guys, there is not a payscale set in stone yet for the 175...Of course pilot pay has to do with dispatching, due to it all falls into operating costs. And since we are talking about pay raises, it does apply to your post topic.

A formality, but the pilots are going through their own negotiations at the moment anyways. The CRJ7/9 is a percentage override on the original scale. SkyWest could just change the language to RJ instead of CRJ and call it day. And I'd completely shocked if the percentages weren't equivilant in the long run, anyways. But hey, enough about the pilots pay in the dispatcher forum. If you want to talk SkyWest pilot compensation, there are numerous threads on the Regional forum for you. Then maybe we can get back on topic.

If I had to make a guess, I would be willing to bet that the changes to pay at OO will be a big zero. With the 175's set to come online, that will be used as a reason not to increase pay due to the need keep costs low and secure the flying.

I agree. Gotta stay competitive and keeps costs down. If folks don't like it they can move on.

I agree. Gotta stay competitive and keeps costs down. If folks don't like it they can move on.

Again, you're assuming that a group of 100 people at SkyWest is going to completely break the bank over a 25 cent raise. If that's true, this airline is in deeper dog doodoo than anyone knows. (And its not)

Latest resources

Back