• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How much did you pay to carry jepps?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why should the company have access to MY Ipad that I paid for?

Do they have permission to peer into my flight kit? No.

Will they have the abillty to look around my Ipad electronically? How about track my whereabouts when they develop a crew tracking application. Next thig you know crew sked will be pinging your asz and sending you junior mans while you're in bed reading the New Yorker. Or whatever
you guys read.

These are all things that need to be addressed. And well beyond the rookie language ASA contracts are famous for.

Last edited:
Why should the company have access to MY Ipad that I paid for?

Do they have permission to peer into my flight kit? No.

Will they have the abillty to look around my Ipad electronically? How about track my whereabouts when they develop a crew tracking application. Next thig you know crew sked will be pinging your asz and sending you junior mans while you're in bed reading the New Yorker. Or whatever
you guys read.

These are all things that need to be addressed. And well beyond the rookie language ASA contracts are famous for.

Holy "poop". Why should you be worried if the company tracks what you do with YOUR iPad even though your co. charts are installed on it. I fly part time for a deal that has efb's an they don't care what I do with it as long as I land the airplane safely. If you bought it then its your's period. Just because you want to watch p0rnhub.c0m or whatever gets you goin on the 2nd or 3rd over night on your own property doesn't mean the company has permission to watch. Do what you want to do because it's your iPad!!!!!

Whateva whateva it's mah iPad I do what I want!

Last edited:
And to reply to to the original post of "how much would you pay". Just like the previous posts about $300 bags or $400 headsets, if you want the good sh!t then pony up homeboy and stop knocking the guy or girl or shim in the other seat for dishing out the extra gold to help make their job a little easier and you more jealous.

A UAL guy told said one word about the company locking the iPad. Restore. Don't know if that works, though.

What are all you cheerleaders going to do when your iPad gets dropped or a cracked screen or breaks in any other way. You gonna pay to fix that too?

And to the poster who mentioned our current flight kits. The difference is, they don't break anywhere near as easily as an iPad. A little masking tape and some more stickers, and they're good to go.

At the same time though, an iPad can be reasonably insured against damage. I've been carrying mine aboard for the past two years and have yet to truly damage it, not for charts mind you, but rather for personal reading and manuals. I'd say I use it on most flights, and it receives no special treatment whatsoever. In fact, it's been from the glareshield or side chart clipboard to the floor at least half a dozen times with nothing more than a couple dings on the corners. Mine has insurance, but have yet to use it.

Sweet!

So basically, all we have to do is risk getting a violation/dequal/employer disciplinary action and launch an en masse campaign and have EVERY CRJ/ERJ stop doing revisions and we can get airside?

What if we started a campaign to throw our flight bags at Feds?

Latest resources

Back