• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

Southwest plans to speed up AirTran integration

Memphis Business Journal

Date: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 7:39am CST

Southwest Airlines plans to speed up the integration of its AirTran unit in 2013 with the goal of fully integrating the airline into its own business by the end of 2014, The Wall Street Journal reports.

Dallas-based Southwest (NYSE: LUV), bought AirTran last year. The integration is expected to add $400 million in revenue and cost savings next year, Southwest's Chief Executive Gary Kelly told the Journal.
Southwest has slowed its integration with AirTran because of the struggling economy, but is currently testing new technology to connect its network with AirTran and will begin matching schedules and jointly selling tickets for each other's flights in January, the Wall Street Journal reports. Southwest hopes to fully connect the networks by April.

Memphians have been waiting for their shot at Southwest flights — and hopefully lower fares — since the merger closed. Delta Air Lines Inc. currently is the dominant carrier at MEM, but as it has slashed its flight count and raised prices, local travelers are seeking more options.

Good news! It would be BETTER if they paid EVERYONE the same now (even with people moving from seat to seat), and not have a B-scale on the same type plane. Tell SWAPA to work on that.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Good news! It would be BETTER if they paid EVERYONE the same now (even with people moving from seat to seat), and not have a B-scale on the same type plane. Tell SWAPA to work on that.....

They could have had that. It was deal #1. They didn't pass that onto the members for a vote. They got deal #2, no pay until you cross over.

speed it up? this reminds me of the little caesars commercial with the elderly couple driving down the road at 5mph.and the old man says "you're driving like a bat out of hades"

They could have had that. It was deal #1. They didn't pass that onto the members for a vote. They got deal #2, no pay until you cross over.

Was that in the original Process Agreement? Answer that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The pay issue is in the past. It's over. Done. Kaput. As is anything that was in the Process Agreement, honored or not. SWAPA isn't going to help us get pay any sooner than it's coming per SIA 2 and even if they wanted to, SWA has made it VERY clear that it's not going to happen.

Time to find other things to discuss. Like the Playoff picture, Virtual Bases, and what you're doing to your Boat in the off-season... I gotta rip up the deck on mine. Dry rotting in the corners, going to glass the new deck. :)

Good news!

Good news? Maybe for some, General, but not for all. A lot of us will see our QOL decimated when we transition over. We're trying to hold out as long as possible. As far as I'm concerned, Gary can take his sweet old time.

Except that deal 1 took more seniority from us. Then we would have lost the things in deal 1 with the sale of the airplanes.

AAI seniority went away when ur CEO decided to sell
Holy Baby Jesus... are you serious?

I'm going to both laugh and cry the day we merge with another carrier and they stick up for their rights in Arbitration. OAT will get screwed but it'll be an interesting object lesson for OSW in Federal Law.

Sometimes I can't believe what comes out of people's *mouths* on here. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back