• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest's new plan to screw Airtran pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Second Why did you edit the part where you said you did not have an app in at SWA just UAL, CAL and DAL. ( Looks like you are trying to hide something by removing that part? I noticed GL caught it. )
Nah, you irritated me and I responded with something that wasn't relevant (albeit true).

I didn't put my app in with SWA until I got to PCL back in 2001. My goal was always to fly heavy metal international. However, at this point, I'm getting a little long in the tooth to start over.

Like they said in Tron Legacy: Life has a way of moving you past hopes and wants.

Third yes the type was required back then.
Well there ya go. Good on SWA for not requiring the type for them, either. I'm sure they'll honor their word and not require it for us as well.

Seems like a good opportunity for SWA to drop the type requirement and enhance their training department. Probably 1000 or so untyped pilots will transition.

And No, as far as I know, but did SWA require the type from new-hire applicants back then? Have no clue, I wasn't paying that much attention to SWA at the time.

Maybe because you were in High School back then.

Maybe because you were in High School back then.

Lol not quite. Or did you miss the part where I said I was getting too old to start over? ;)

Graduated high school in 89. First flying job in 92 while finishing college. Flight instruction, king airs, Lears, Flexjet, then F/O on the 727 in 1999, CA in 2000 (see avatar).

Was qualified for and applying at all the Legacies well before 9/11. When I career backtracked into the RJ I applied everywhere that was better (like everyone else). Including SWA. :)

Last edited:
Nah, you irritated me and I responded with something that wasn't relevant (albeit true).

I didn't put my app in with SWA until I got to PCL back in 2001. My goal was always to fly heavy metal international. However, at this point, I'm getting a little long in the tooth to start over.

Like they said in Tron Legacy: Life has a way of moving you past hopes and wants.

Well there ya go. Good on SWA for not requiring the type for them, either. I'm sure they'll honor their word and not require it for us as well.

I am betiing you took it out before someone called you out that you did not have the qualifications to work at the only airlines you said applied to back in the early 90s (Morris was late 93)(UAL,CAL,DAL)

I doubt you had a college degree nor the flying time needed.

Why not just admits that you lied in your post so you changed it.

You like try and put fear in the AT pilots. You are a disservice to that group. I have not meet that I do like not like.

Not sure why you and PCL. hate SWA so much .

(For the record to refresh your memory, You said back when SWA bought Morris, you did not apply to SWA , no desire to work there only UAL.CAL.DAL )

I edited due to I seem to always call PCL PLC :)

Last edited:
I am betiing you took it out before someone called you out that you did not have the qualifications to work at the only airlines you said applied to back in the early 90s (Morris was late 93)(UAL,CAL,DAL)

I doubt you had a college degree nor the flying time needed.

Why not just admits that you lied in your post so you changed it.

You like try and put fear in the AT pilots. You are a disservice to that group. I have not meet that I do like not like.

Not sure why you and PCL. hate SWA so much .

(For the record to refresh your memory, You said back when SWA bought Morris, you did not apply to SWA , no desire to work there only UAL.CAL.DAL )

I edited due to I seem to always call PCL PLC :)

Did someone drop you on your head as a child? Or do you just not read so well? I already said I was finishing college back in the early 90's.

Graduated MTSU Aerospace in 94 4 year B.S. degree. By 9/11 I had over 5,000 total time, 3 jet type ratings, and a little over 2,000 PIC jet, several hundred hours of which was on the 727 Part 121. Yes I was a 29 year old 727 Captain.

So who's talking about what they don't know sh*t about?

And I'm not putting fear into anyone. On the contrary, I'm the one on here telling our guys no one is getting furloughed and people will be just fine.

Nor have I EVER said I hate Southwest. Ever.
You can keep trying to peg me in the troublemaker hole but I'm simply on here keeping it real. Deal with it. Or not. Not my problem.

Last edited:
Nor have I EVER said I hate Southwest. Ever. .

I'll back you up on that one, as long as I've been on here I've never heard you say you hated Southwest. PCL on the other hand takes my tag line into perpetuity.

Did someone drop you on your head as a child? Or do you just not read so well? I already said I was finishing college back in the early 90's.

Graduated MTSU Aerospace in 94 4 year B.S. degree. By 9/11 I had over 5,000 total time, 3 jet type ratings, and a little over 2,000 PIC jet, several hundred hours of which was on the 727 Part 121. Yes I was a 29 year old 727 Captain.

So who's talking about what they don't know sh*t about?

And I'm not putting fear into anyone. On the contrary, I'm the one on here telling our guys no one is getting furloughed and people will be just fine.

Nor have I EVER said I hate Southwest. Ever.
You can keep trying to peg me in the troublemaker hole but I'm simply on here keeping it real. Deal with it. Or not. Not my problem.

Your the idiot that said you you only applied to UAL,CAL, DAL when SWA bought Morris( which was late 1993)

By they way every Airtran pilot I have meet says your an idiot.

You just keep trying to install fear in them that SWA will make pay for there training.

You went and edited your post because you know everyone would have called you out on your BS.

I am done, you can go back to what you do best.

Last edited:
"By they way every Airtran pilot I have meet says your an idiot."

I'm sorry, but that is just funny. Talk about an idiot.... I was hoping he would have put "meat" in there to really make it perfect.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Flyer1015 - Very Onion-esque. Nice job!!

At first I thought (in my best hoochie momma voice), "Oh no we di'int!"

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back