ASA has 3 Union reps work 6 days to run PBS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Uncle Bunkle

Did you know that the "old" ASA has 3 union guys getting paid 6 days EVERY month to run their version of PBS?
That mgmt. runs their own version each month, and if the 2 sides can't agree which solution to use each month, they FLIP A COIN?!?!

And?

Coin flip has never happened. Further, these guys are the SME of our system and I fully trust and support the work they accomplish to provide the best solutions for our pilots vs. the company trying to save money at all costs - without regard for pilot QOL.

What you failed to reference is that LOA 11 provides for the PWG (PBS Working group) to run solutions. Also, no elected rep is currently doing bid runs. These positions are filled by line pilots serving on the scheduling committee.

Last edited:
Yes, I knew that, and I'm happy with the schedules. The one thing we get our money's worth on.

This directly benefits the pilots by having our advocates working on the solution. It's the exact type of thing the union should spend their money on.

It's a great thing we have these guys/gals running those solutions. They're also building the pairings from what I understand. Do you trust this outfit's crew planners to construct legal and efficient pairings/solutions every month?

Every airline should be so lucky...

Did you know that the "old" ASA has 3 union guys getting paid 6 days EVERY month to run their version of PBS?
That mgmt. runs their own version each month, and if the 2 sides can't agree which solution to use each month, they FLIP A COIN?!?!

And, 2 of the three always wear cowboy boots!:eek:

More often than not the better solution for a seat,aircraft, domicile, combination has been generated by these guys. It is competitive between the company and our guys to come up with the better solution. We are getting our money's worth here.

By your tone is seems you wanted to share some shocking revelation of union waste. If that is the case you are barking up the wrong tree..

Latest resources

Back