• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The end of Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wasn't in upper management but was high enough in the food chain to know how much misinformation the MEC was feeding the pilots.

In October of 2003, Delta came to Comair first with the opportunity to fly more 70 seat aircraft and the company asked the pilots to open up the contract. The union told Comair to pound sand.

Delta gave you guys the opportunity to be competitive FIRST. This was indeed a union issue. Had the contract been reopened in 2003, the 50 seat issue would not have been there during the following years. Comair would have been competitive with the rest of the regionals and there is a good chance that it would have at least been a viable asset that could have been sold as ASA, Compass and Mesaba were.

Instead, they had the 50 seaters and a union nobody wanted any part of. In the end it was indeed the cost structure, but the foundation had crumbled due to the actions of JC and Corey.

We're you high enough up the food chain to see the constant abuse? No...wait...you were high enough up the food chain to ignore the constant abuse we put up with. You made a comment about the "culture". I notice you had no response when I pointed out the verbal abuse I got from Mikey P. Some "cult"ure.:puke:

welcome to club, Eastern, Braniff I, TransAmerican, Zantop, Pam Am, Drummond Island Air, GM Corp, USSteel, the list goes on. All airline jobs are temporary, well not exactly true I do know 2 guys who had complete careers with no lay offs or pay cuts.

Must be all part of the 2012 hiring boom, right YIPster?

Comair could easily have sustained profitability within the Delta family and have continued to have been the model for all others but was shackled by the greed of the union.

Yeah, if only all those stupid pilots would work for food stamp wages and not just some of them, imagine what we could accomplish! Do you realize how much of a tool you are showing yourself to be?

I wasn't in upper management but was high enough in the food chain to know how much misinformation the MEC was feeding the pilots.

In October of 2003, Delta came to Comair first with the opportunity to fly more 70 seat aircraft and the company asked the pilots to open up the contract. The union told Comair to pound sand.

Delta gave you guys the opportunity to be competitive FIRST. This was indeed a union issue. Had the contract been reopened in 2003, the 50 seat issue would not have been there during the following years. Comair would have been competitive with the rest of the regionals and there is a good chance that it would have at least been a viable asset that could have been sold as ASA, Compass and Mesaba were.

Instead, they had the 50 seaters and a union nobody wanted any part of. In the end it was indeed the cost structure, but the foundation had crumbled due to the actions of JC and Corey.

Did management open up their contracts to become competitive FIRST and lead by example? This was indeed a management leadership issue.

In happier news, GoJet should be hiring street captains soon, really soon. :puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

Perhaps if airline management, since the beginning of time, didn't foster a culture of abuse towards its employees, we wouldn't need contracts or unions.

Latest resources

Back