• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Future Uncertain ... Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What do you guys think about the possible scenario of merging in some way with pinnacle. We have been hearing that rumor swirling around a bit. We are both screwed so we might as well screw each other!!!!!!

Compin or Pinair?

David Sarker and the rest of the CMR MEC are a joke. Sarker was a joke before things turned bad. Sarker needs to be kicked to the curb. Merger fund has been spent on other MEC bull and nobody will see it again.

CMR MEC was a joke the minute it told DAL furloughees they would have to resign their seniority #'s to work at CMR when their jobs were outsourced in the early 2000's. Then they sued ALPA for not giving them bigger planes during DAL's contract negotiation. That MEC in the 2000's really set upon a course of self destruction.

ASA didn't do that. COMPASS didn't do that, heck even MESA didn't do that!

I guess you're right, no need to panic now. The time for panic has passed, the time for that was a year and a half ago.

I don't think it's ever a good time to panic. Panic doesn't help.

your right in 2000 Comair didn't do it as Delta told Comair to not do it. The rest of the companies were not owned by Delta. Delta management decided that

CMR MEC was a joke the minute it told DAL furloughees they would have to resign their seniority #'s to work at CMR when their jobs were outsourced in the early 2000's. Then they sued ALPA for not giving them bigger planes during DAL's contract negotiation. That MEC in the 2000's really set upon a course of self destruction.

ASA didn't do that. COMPASS didn't do that, heck even MESA didn't do that!

Your first sentence is true and was a travesty that happened well before I got there.

Your second sentence is false. Comair Alpa did not sue, DALPA. A rouge group of guys formed the RJDC and they sued ALPA National. Stupid move, I agree, but again before I was there.

RJDC was started well prior to the CMR MEC making that decision about DAL furloughs. JP did us no favors by forcing DAL guys to give up their #, it was not popular among the pilot group. A lot of it was just a big pissing contest. How many CMR guys did DAL hire during our strike?? How much support did we get from the DAL MEC during the strike?? Who did the DAL MEC go after during scope negotiations the wholy owned (ASA and CMR) or contract (ACA, Skywest, Eagle)? Research those questions and you'll have an idea where the CMR MEC was coming from.

It was comical to hear Dwane Worthless and ALPA, stir the pot on road shows. Litterally going from DAL promising more scope, the next day going ACA and fighting for more flying and two days later going to CMR and saying all connection flying should go to the wholy owed... I need to dig up some of my recorded road shows that friends from DAL and ACA sent me. good times...

CMR was a good job until DAL $#^# it up.... I miss CMR, but I don't miss the drama. Good luck fellas

Last edited:
Delta did F UP a good job. But then again, they are kind responsible for most of the F'd up things that have happened in this industry. That's what happens when you sell out and eat your young.

What two things do every Norhwest pilot have that no Delta pilot has?.....A leather jacket in the closet and a rejection letter from Delta! Oh, and the NWA guys have a spine!

Did you know that the original NWA pilots have a secret recognition signal upon seeing each other in the terminal?

They smile.

Actually, that joke goes back to 1987 when it was Western, not NWA, pilots. Makes quite a statement about the DL culture - a quarter century later, still a bunch of happy guys.

Latest resources

Back