• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT MEC declares war on ASA pilots.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So how is the new system inferior? There has been a ton of homework done by the XJT scheduling committee, and I seriously doubt they would throw something out there that is subpar.

Well if it's so great why is there no one using it.

I have some questions:

When does the "globalization" process take place? Before OR after the bid closes?

How many bid sheets does the system actually look at during the process?

Is it a pure seniority system? The bid runs are done by pure seniority?

Is it ready to go live today without programming issues?

Does anyone from either sch. or neg. committees have a financial gain from the software company? Will anyone be given a management position if this certain software is used?

Dear Legacy ExpressJet Pilots:

I have rode in the van with a lot of you and if you want the TRUTH about PBS talk to any ASA pilot and they will give you the real details. I like it and would never return to line bidding unless I had to. One question I keep hearing is you loose your 3 weeks vacation......NOT TRUE! We used to bid vacation the same way you guys did, if it inter fears with your vacation it gets dropped etc......same goes with PBS. One week turns into 19 days with PBS. Like I said don't read union emails or internet forums just ask any of our 1,700 pilots. Some may hate it but most like it.

PBS is a good system with some good features, but the company can't keep out of it. At IAD we can't get 3 on 4 off because the line thresholds are too high. The company also wants to take away vacation low.

I'm single-digit seniority in my position and will vote against anything with PBS. I spend a lot more time with ERJ pilots than just the occasional van ride and I tell them NO PBS...unless the company is totally out of it, the threshold is fixed at 75 hours or less and the company is totally out of pairing construction.

I prefer the legacy ExpressJet line bidding system

Last edited:
Fist off, everybody is assuming that the OP is ACTUALLY talking facts;

Who the hell knows? Maybe because it's new software and the current PBS users haven't bothered looking into it yet? Has the ASA MEC been out on the lookout to see if there's a better system than what they went with years ago?

I have some questions:

When does the "globalization" process take place? Before OR after the bid closes?

How many bid sheets does the system actually look at during the process?

Is it a pure seniority system? The bid runs are done by pure seniority?

Is it ready to go live today without programming issues?

Does anyone from either sch. or neg. committees have a financial gain from the software company? Will anyone be given a management position if this certain software is used?

Again who the hell knows?

Considering the source, it's all just a bunch of divisive rhetoric being spewed here, as well as multiple other forums.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to take the OP, you whether it's under this username or any of the others you have here, or anybody that claims to be "and insider" seriously.

Last edited:
A globalized bidding system is horrible and should be avoided. Continental uses a global bidding system.

A Seniority PBS system is not the same as a Globalized PBS System.

The biggest reason the CAL system sucks is because their work rules suck. Garbage in - garbage out.

I have some questions:
Will anyone be given a management position if this certain software is used?

Bingo. Or six hours a day guarantee perhaps? Oh, hang on, they've already negotiated that for themselves. Sweeeeeeeet

PBS is a good system with some good features, but the company can't keep out of it. At IAD we can't get 3 on 4 off because the line thresholds are too high. The company also wants to take away vacation low.

I'm single-digit seniority in my position and will vote against anything with PBS. I spend a lot more time with ERJ pilots than just the occasional van ride and I tell them NO PBS...unless the company is totally out of it, the threshold is fixed at 75 hours or less and the company is totally out of pairing construction.

I prefer the legacy ExpressJet line bidding system

I agree with WMS. When they keep the threshold at 75 hrs, PBS is great. The problem is that it's usually higher (85-89 hours). If you want the hours then it doesn't really matter. But like WMS said, you can't build to that threshold doing 3 on 4 off, which is something senority could hold before this PBS. I will vote NO on any type of PBS as well.

I agree with WMS. When they keep the threshold at 75 hrs, PBS is great. The problem is that it's usually higher (85-89 hours). If you want the hours then it doesn't really matter. But like WMS said, you can't build to that threshold doing 3 on 4 off, which is something senority could hold before this PBS. I will vote NO on any type of PBS as well.

Last edited:

It is about the parings. If you are ASA then you should know that 3days went a way about 6-7 years ago. We've been 4 days as the norm since then, WAY before PBS happened.

Sounds to me like someone is being used as a mouth piece for a very deceptive and out of touch MEC. I’m sure your nego chairman Macintoush or what his name is, is leading the charge.
Merchant posted these messages on every web forum he could trying to stir the pot because they know PBS is the last thing they got. Once everything is said and done the ASA ALPA will be shown the door, at which point they might actually have to fly a plane!!!!
Ask yourself, is a group that has to resort to posting flamebait using the words “declaring war” really one to be trusted?

Keep going it your way and watch yourselves shrink.

Latest resources

Back