• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Management-Elkhart IN. ????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While I agree with the message of your post, I do need to correct you on one issue. Although the FAA has the 8-hour bottle-to-throttle rule, if a company has a more restrictive alcohol policy written in their GOM (i.e. 12-hours, 24-hours, etc) it supersedes the FAA alcohol rule. If you break it, you can and will be issued a violation by the feds.

su·per·sede

verb \ˌsü-pər-ˈsēd\
su·per·sed·edsu·per·sed·ing
Definition of SUPERSEDE

transitive verb
a: to cause to be set aside b: to force out of use as inferior

: to take the place or position of

: to displace in favor of another

su·per·sed·ernoun

I don't believe the FAA would consider their requlations supersedable by the companies they are regulating.

really? superseded? exactly... the word the company uses is APPENDED

MORE LIKE APPENDED- ap·pend
–verb (used with object) 1. to add as a supplement, accessory, or appendix; subjoin: to append a note to a letter.

Although these guidelines are in some cases general,​
compliance is mandatory.

Failure to comply may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.​
The policies and procedures, herein, have been accepted by the FAA, and have been appended to the GOM.

notice ,no warning for prosecution from the FAA , just termination, thereby strengthening the arguement that the faa cant enforce anything more restrictive than their own federal regulations.

here's an example-- you can drink all you want while on rotation, but if the company finds out - they will obviously fire you. if you show up on duty and break the 8 hours/.04 then the faa can get invovled--- or if you refuse a drug/alcohol test they can suspend/revoke your certificates for a year. but if you dont break the very laws they enforce, they cant do anything to you for they dont really have jurisdiction until you break one of their regs.

next time you get ramp checked, dont wear a tie, see if you get violated for violating the policies and procedures--- i mean the faa "approved " them so they become the enforcer of said policies and procedures? that aint their job.

I think ur confusing the gom with tmc's policies and procedures. The faa could fn care less nor is their approval reqd for company policies and procedures. If thats the case shall i protest my daily pay rate to the faa? Or will they 609 me for not wearing a tie?

Ahhhhhhh, gotcha. The couple of companies that I have worked for had alcohol rules that were more restrictive than the FAA reg written into the GOM. I missed the part where it was Pol & Proc. Well, in that case, yeah, they can suck it!

BE40 SIC, must be typed and 135 current. Must relocate to Allentown, PA. Send resume, cover letter, and date of last training event to Ralph Smith at [email protected].

That's all I know...good luck.

Guess this crew is back to merit level #1

IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: 452TM Make/Model: 400A Description: HAWKER BEECHCRAFT
Date: 07/06/2011 Time: 2010

Event Type: Incident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: None

City: NEW YORK CITY State: NY Country: US

DESCRIPTION
AIRCRAFT TAXI AFTER LANDING, LANDING GEAR STRUT DISABLED AIRCRAFT ON
TAXIWAY, TOWED TO RAMP, NEW YORK CITY, NY

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0
# Crew: 1 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Pass: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

WEATHER: UNKNOWN

OTHER DATA
Activity: Unknown Phase: Taxi Operation: OTHER

FAA FSDO: GARDEN CITY, NY (EA15) Entry date: 07/08/2011

good find-- i need to surf that wite for some entertainment. what site do u go to for that? im sure it will be in the asap newsletter. how can it be their fault though?

Latest resources

Back