• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republican Candidates position on NLRB!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
back to the post above that matches my definition of Middle Class, they don't live in 4,200 sq ft homes like you.

I never claimed to be middle class.... I'm clearly upper middle class... I earn over $350K a year and some times well over.. with less than 1/2 of that coming for flying on average... albeit the last couple of years my flying wage from overseas contracting has been substantial. However, I own real commercial estate worth over 9M and I work purely for something to do since managing my property hardly takes any time or effort.

None of that changes ANY of the facts of the underlying argument... the middle class is being squeezed, the rich are getting richer and the middle class poorer and working harder for their paltry wages... We're fast becoming more like some 3rd world countries, while other countries like France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, the Swiss, and the Scandinavian nations are beating us on my levels for quality of life for the middle class, which is always the backbone of any true 1st world nation.

What DO YOU have to say about Warren Buffet and Bill Gates' comments that I ASKED YOU to comment on? Still waiting on a good rebut for that post.

btw, take your time and come up with a good answer... I'm about to operate VHHH-KLAX and will be away from reality for about 24 hours.. peace.

Last edited:
Yes I looked a those guys, it is irrelevant, collections from the upper 1% have remained steady over the years no matter what the rate.http://ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html

Again middle class is defined by median income, middle class remains constant

Yes I looked a those guys, it is irrelevant, collections from the upper 1% have remained steady over the years no matter what the rate.http://ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html

Again middle class is defined by median income, middle class remains constant

Buffet and Gates; Irrelevant, eh?

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/20...-at-lowest-point-in-years/UPI-74091273594893/

MORE IMPORTANTLY:
http://www.truthandpolitics.org/top-rates.php

And to define the "Middle Class" by Median income baffles the mind.. I mean I don't know where to start with that one.. Have you taken any courses on economics and/or statistics? So let me get this straight, if in 20 years, the US was made up of 1 million people all making over a million, and 299 million people all making $25,000/yr (just for arguments sake)... does this make the new Middle class people making $25,000???

Last edited:
Been an interesting exchange, you have your ideas which you feel are superior to mine, and you appear to feel superior to me. Which works for me. That is the beauty of a free country. Let me go back and hang out with my middle class friends, who seem happy with their lot in life. Best of luck

Last edited:
Not what I read in ATW, what is your source

Our former CEO, and just about every other airline CEO on every earnings call. The only yields that are down are international yields. Do a Google search on airline yields. You'll find that we just reached a 15-month high last month. Rising ticket prices simply aren't affecting yields. The problem is that gas prices are climbing even faster than the yields are, so the profit margins are slim. But if oil prices drop, the pricing power is there to extract huge profits right now.

It has certainly effected growth as shown by a slow down in hiring plans.

Growth has slowed because of fuel prices. No one is willing to risk growth until oil prices stabilize. But you'll notice that no one is pulling a lot of capacity out of the market. It's just stagnating, while yields continue to increase.

Our former CEO, and just about every other airline CEO on every earnings call. The only yields that are down are international yields. Do a Google search on airline yields. You'll find that we just reached a 15-month high last month. Rising ticket prices simply aren't affecting yields. The problem is that gas prices are climbing even faster than the yields are, so the profit margins are slim. But if oil prices drop, the pricing power is there to extract huge profits right now.

Growth has slowed because of fuel prices. No one is willing to risk growth until oil prices stabilize. But you'll notice that no one is pulling a lot of capacity out of the market. It's just stagnating, while yields continue to increase.
hope you are right, it would be a good sign of a growing economy and more people buying new cars.

You guys have it all wrong and are stuck in a rut, too much time working for the airlines. You bought into the union line that without the union you would have no pay and benefits. Wake the F up! ALPA carriers have guys starting at $20 an hour, and pension plans are all but gone. Ever seen the phrase "non-matching 401k"?

The highest paying pilot jobs in the US are Corporate jobs and they are all non-union. I would venture to say a typical Corp Captain makes the same as senior airline captain, and works half as much.

Beisdes a 401k, I have profit sharing, and a pension plan, lets see ALPA get you that.

Start thinking out of the box. Go work for a 135 operator in the northeast for a few years, make some contacts, part time here and there, and eventually you may wind with a job where you will laugh about all the airline and union BS you used to be so passionate about.

If what you guys say about Republicans is true then you should all be voting for them (twice if you are in Chicago). The more they support corporations and hedge fund guys, the more lucrative corporate pilot jobs will be created.

BTW those hedge fund guys are buying up your airlines so skip the holier than thou attitude. Who do you think makes more money and/or has a better schedule? You, or the non-union guys flying your bosses Global Express. Your choice, either continue to wallow in APLA and Democrat vs. Republican BS (ostensibly the same party, saying otherwise is only lie you tell yourself), or take positve action to change your OWN life. Quit waiting for a bunch of initials to do it for you.

The highest paying pilot jobs in the US are Corporate jobs and they are all non-union. I would venture to say a typical Corp Captain makes the same as senior airline captain, and works half as much.

False! Nobody at any corporate job anywhere makes what a senior Fedex, UPS or even American Airlines captain makes and works less..

If what you guys say about Republicans is true then you should all be voting for them (twice if you are in Chicago). The more they support corporations and hedge fund guys, the more lucrative corporate pilot jobs will be created.

Now that has to be one of the most idiotic things I've ever read on FI.com

False! Nobody at any corporate job anywhere makes what a senior Fedex, UPS or even American Airlines captain makes and works less..
You are mistaken! Check out the NBAA stats. I have seen GV FO's start at AA Captain pay with a pension, per diem, expense account, paid cell phone, and annual bonus. I know a FO that got hired at a pharmaceutical company for $140,000 a year. Corp Captains in the Northeast typically make between $180,000 and $230,000 a year and some average as little as 200 flight hours a year. Let me add this, if you are 40, and get hired at Delta, how old will you be when you make Captain? considering regionals have 7-10 year FO's right now.

Now that has to be one of the most idiotic things I've ever read on FI.com
I guess the satire escaped you. I was poking fun at guys like you. It's as idiotic to think if you vote Democrat you are going to get a sudden pay increase and see your pension come back, or that any Dem politician is looking out for you out of the goodness of his or her heart. Except for false rhetoric what was the difference between the Bush and Clinton years as far as pay and benefits went for airline pilots?

Keep passing out the Kool-Aid and see where it gets you.

Last edited:
AirCobra, that "typical" corporate guy in the Northeast that you talk about has to actually live in the Northeast, probably close to Teterboro, Boston, White Plains, or a similar city with an incredibly high cost of living. Him making $180k is like me making $120k in Atlanta. He's also likely to be required to come into the office/hangar on days he's not flying to handle other responsibilities. In addition, even though he's only flying 200 hours a year, he's also spending days at a time away from home not flying while he's waiting on the rich pr!ck he works for to get done with his vacation in Aspen.

Sorry, but that's not too appealing to most of us. I'm much happier making six figures with 16-18 days off at the airlines and not having to deal with some rich jerk, his high maintenance wife, his spoiled kids, and his a-hole business associates. To each his own, though.

Latest resources

Back