• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republican Candidates position on NLRB!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Or are you still naive enough to think that every fortune was gained on a level field...(?)
Naive? we should use a tax policy to punish the 90% who made their money honestly, because someone who is a bum and jerk made it the wrong way. This is still the USA, I think? Where hard work and great ideas can be rewarded by becoming rich. It is called opportunity. Sounds like some who did not become rich are jealous and want to get even. Thankfully they are a minority.

Define rich, And what about me?
My business made 7 figure profits for it's 4th year- how you doing?
Don't make this about me- I simply know that I do not earn in a void- and right now- it's not about the top 99.9% much less the top 90%- it's that .1% that is sucking up all the wealth and for whom everything would never be enough-

Again... And again.... And again- I've asked that you address the disappearing middle class, and you don't. Why not?
Please explain to me why it's disappearing, what can be done to grow it, and how did it appear to begin with.

Hard work is just the beginning my friend- but I wonder why you only want the rich to be motivated- how about all those airline employees who work and sacrifice against a stacked deck just to line a few people's pockets who've confused the good ole boy network with a market wage. And realize this problem extends far beyond aviation-
People will work a LOT harder when on survival mode.... Is that it?
I'm a business owner w/ 6 partners and I'm not confused that this market is entirely free.

Define rich, And what about me?
My business made 7 figure profits for it's 4th year- how you doing?
Don't make this about me- I simply know that I do not earn in a void- and right now- it's not about the top 99.9% much less the top 90%- it's that .1% that is sucking up all the wealth and for whom everything would never be enough-

Again... And again.... And again- I've asked that you address the disappearing middle class, and you don't. Why not?
Please explain to me why it's disappearing, what can be done to grow it, and how did it appear to begin with.

Hard work is just the beginning my friend- but I wonder why you only want the rich to be motivated- how about all those airline employees who work and sacrifice against a stacked deck just to line a few people's pockets who've confused the good ole boy network with a market wage. And realize this problem extends far beyond aviation-
People will work a LOT harder when on survival mode.... Is that it?
I'm a business owner w/ 6 partners and I'm not confused that this market is entirely free.
not sure I follow this, so you are telling me you are rich and you hate rich people? You ask what is middle class? good question, what is your answer? Is middle class $60K/yr. 50% percentile income, one car and a 1400 sq ft house? Sounds middle to me. I have never made over $100K/yr in my life, yet I live very comfortabily in my 1400 sq ft house, own an airplane, do pretty much anything I want, what more is there. Plus a life time of investing in the the USA is going to bring me a very comfortable retirement. This country has been so good to me, 11 jobs since leaving the Navy in 1977 and there was always an opportunity out there for the next job. Just don't understand the unhappiness I see.

Last edited:
not sure I follow this, so you are telling me you are rich and you hate rich people? You ask what is middle class? good question, what is your answer? Is middle class $60K/yr. 50% percentile income, one car and a 1400 sq ft house? Sounds middle to me. I have never made over $100K/yr in my life, yet I live very comfortabily in my 1400 sq ft house, own an airplane, do pretty much anything I want, what more is there. Plus a life time of investing in the the USA is going to bring me a very comfortable retirement. This country has been so good to me, 11 jobs since leaving the Navy in 1977 and there was always an opportunity out there for the next job. Just don't understand the unhappiness I see.

with that income, I find it impossible that you saved for the education of 2 or more children, much less was able to afford to give them any form of extra curricular preparation.. If we're to assume you've averaged 60-70K, since 100 is the most you've ever made... then you are likely in debt, or if you're not in debt, you own very little of significant value.. The dollar today, and for the pats decade or longer hasn't been worth anything... we're a non-exporting nation, yet we have a weak currency... reconcile that one! Do you plan to work until you're dead? or maybe into your mid 70's? Do you enjoy time off? vacations, or leisure? Or is that all reserved for the rich? In Europe, and parts of developed Asia, they can have all of that and still save for their future and their kids future.

Now tell me what you think of Warren Buffet and Bill Gate's comments...

This country has been so good to me, 11 jobs since leaving the Navy in 1977 and there was always an opportunity out there for the next job. Just don't understand the unhappiness I see.

This merits a separate response, and I hope you don't take it the wrong way when I say this, but lets be honest, you're a former Navy pilot, yet you're perfectly content to be a low level manager on an ancient DA20, likely beat to crap freighter... making 1/2 to 1/3 the wages of your navy pilot peers who went to Fedex, Delta, Southwest, or other majors... You seem to have low expectations, and a low self worth.. and that's fine for you, but most of us value our life and work more.. and hate seeing some fat cat airline CEO abusing us and our peers to enrich himself at our expense. As Sully put it, we're not an ATM machine for airline execs.

with that income, I find it impossible that you saved for the education of 2 or more children, much less was able to afford to give them any form of extra curricular preparation.. If we're to assume you've averaged 60-70K, since 100 is the most you've ever made... then you are likely in debt, or if you're not in debt, you own very little of significant value.. .
been investing since 1971, own five houses, which provide rental income, protection against inflation, did not have to worry about paying for college; Uncle Sam is very kind to those who volunteer services to the country. It is not my position to judge rich people. If rich people are evil they will be judged by a higher power.

This merits a separate response, and I hope you don't take it the wrong way when I say this, but lets be honest, you're a former Navy pilot, yet you're perfectly content to be a low level manager on an ancient DA20, likely beat to crap freighter... making 1/2 to 1/3 the wages of your navy pilot peers who went to Fedex, Delta, Southwest, or other majors... You seem to have low expectations, and a low self worth.. and that's fine for you, but most of us value our life and work more.. and hate seeing some fat cat airline CEO abusing us and our peers to enrich himself at our expense. As Sully put it, we're not an ATM machine for airline execs.
Guess you were not looking for a job at the end of the Vietnam War where the Navy and USAF dumped 1000's of very qualified pilots on the street in the late 70's as part of the defense Savings after the war. Airlines could be a picky as they wanted, only current pilot need apply, those over 30 need not apply, your age and flight time are out of ratio, you have no jet time, etc. 5 years earlier or later maybe I would have maybe gotten one of those greats jobs, EAL, Braniff, Pam Am, and TWA. A little bid of armature physiologist I see, lets say I am I am very content with my present situation. The country has been very good to me, and I don't think someone with seem to have low expectations, and a low self worth. Defines where I am, we are all hostages to fortune, thank you Mr. E. Gann and do not have the control over our lives we think we do.

Last edited:
been investing since 1971, own five houses, which provide rental income, protection against inflation, did not have to worry about paying for college; Uncle Sam is very kind to those who volunteer services to the country. If rich people are evil they will be judged by a higher power.

we already spoke via pm, but we'll just have to agree to disagree on what a pilot labor is worth... I too am financially independent, largely due to lucky investments.. I don't try to pretend that I consciously knew what I was doing. Not every gets so lucky. Doesn't change the fact that I have self worth and feel that the fruit of my labor is worth more than the scraps they're throwing at me at so many of the airlines out there.

Who hates rich people?
I'm not jealous of richer people- and if I'm emotional at all (which im not) it's bc I can't stand the stupidity and greed that is ruining the country--> and the stupidest part is how they get the middle class they're screwing to vote the people in power that pass this idiotic tax less than we spend policy.

And guess what baby-boomer-- you got a whole lot more than my generation has, the GI Bill doesn't pay half tuition anymore.
Your parents and my grandparents invested in the country- you guys have convinced yourselves that you did it all by yourself and so feel free to not reinvest.
That's dumb and greedy and your generation is leaving mine w/ the debt and blaming it on Obama.

Who hates rich people?
I'm not jealous of richer people- and if I'm emotional at all (which im not) it's bc I can't stand the stupidity and greed that is ruining the country--> and the stupidest part is how they get the middle class they're screwing to vote the people in power that pass this idiotic tax less than we spend policy.

And guess what baby-boomer-- you got a whole lot more than my generation has, the GI Bill doesn't pay half tuition anymore.
Your parents and my grandparents invested in the country- you guys have convinced yourselves that you did it all by yourself and so feel free to not reinvest.
That's dumb and greedy and your generation is leaving mine w/ the debt and blaming it on Obama.

I'll give that an Amen.

we already spoke via pm, but we'll just have to agree to disagree on what a pilot labor is worth... I too am financially independent, largely due to lucky investments.. I don't try to pretend that I consciously knew what I was doing. Not every gets so lucky. Doesn't change the fact that I have self worth and feel that the fruit of my labor is worth more than the scraps they're throwing at me at so many of the airlines out there.
What is middle class income? is it 46K, 50 percentile, is it 75K, 70 percentile, is in 90K, 80 percentile, is it 110K 90 percentile, what is middle income? When your were commenting about the demise of the middle class, I ask what defines middle class, you went house, cars, good schools, I then ask you to define middle class by income level. I never got an answer; please define it so I can rebuff your answer. Most pilots make a good living compared to the rest of the individuals in this country. In the end the consumer of airline tickets will determine pilot pay.Ticket prices have jumped recently, and we have seen the resultant drop in airline traffic.
Wrong again, not a baby boomer, I'm a pre-boomer. I am well aware I did not do it by myself. BTW GI bill pays more than 100% of State University tuition, it is $51K total, Mich. State full credit load is under $10K for an in state student. It is a great program, if we have lived good lives since WWII, it was due to the fact we sent 500,000 GI's to college after the war. Where earned degrees in Engineering, Medicine, business and provided the backbone of productive people that allowed the country to become a world. You, me all are living the benefits of this experience. You both admit you are wealthy, would you have done this anywhere else in the world? I feel I am one of the luckiest people in the world, it appears many here do not feel the same.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back