• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta offers furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How did the SWA interview go? Is the DB today?

Had to take a few liberties with the old log book...but still had my refs called. Should get the go ahead this weekend. Still don't have a type and I'm having trouble getting a retirement date squared away though. I'm a little concerned that after I get the job that I'll have a tough time getting an actual start date.

Good....

Southwest deserves you.....

My buddy in the hiring pool (all 8 of them) just received a letter from the pilot hiring manager yesterday stating zero hiring until December 2013. His conditional job offer expires in August and he will have to re-interview, the whole process. 4% reduction in domestic flying. 8-10% reduction in Atlantic flying. 243 pilots on recall bypass who 90% have indicated they will return in December, which is the 10 year point from the initial 9/11 furlough. Around 800 are actively on mil leave and medical who will eventually return as well. Wish it was better news.

Ouch. Can't believe they would make him go through the whole process again after giving him the thumbs up. Hopefully he'll get called again.

Just like you did in SLC when you bought Morris. They had over 300 daily departures. Now what do you have 40? The arrogance of most of you SW guys on this board is amazing.

And since then look how Delta has done. Lost billions. Cut pilot pay. Furloughed pilots. Went bankrupt. Lost billions more. Told pilots in their hiring pool to get bent. And I'm sure a pay cut or pilot furlough (or both) is now on the horizon. I'm sure SW had no effect on them in SLC. But would you rather be a Delta new hire in 1994 or the bottom guy at Morris? I got a feeling you'd probably be the Morris guy even though your new employer downsized in Salt Lake.

are you applying for a job in maintenance or as a pilot? Either way, you should fit right in.

Of all people to be talking about playing it "fast and loose" with the log book. Ironic, coming from you.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back