NJ to JB...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some FOs do make $150 plus.

But, don't count on it. A new hire is no where near the seniority to be able to pull that off UNLESS they live in JFK.

Even if you can you will not be able to keep it up for 10 years.

The company is on a war against soft time.

Im on 4th year pay and live in JFK and I am close to $100 but not there yet. The trips are simply unproductive. Specially since we have 11:45min 3 day trips to the West Coast. Why doesnt the 5 of pay per day apply here?

Are all your Carib turns out of JFK 2 man crews? If so I bet it's awful convenient that they come in right at 8 hours.

Are all your Carib turns out of JFK 2 man crews? If so I bet it's awful convenient that they come in right at 8 hours.

Don't know what you are getting at. We do not augment crews (no iro), and it so happened a lot of Dominican flying out of JFK is under 8:00. Block times are an averaege basis, implying anything to the contrary is false.

Im on 4th year pay and live in JFK and I am close to $100 but not there yet. The trips are simply unproductive. Specially since we have 11:45min 3 day trips to the West Coast. Why doesnt the 5 of pay per day apply here?

Because the guarantee is 5/hr a duty period and not 5/hr a calendar day.

Yes, it's pretty convenient. Would you rather they come in just over 8 so that instead of an efficient 1-day, you're stuck with a 2-day worth 8 hrs and change??? The Aruba and Barbados trips are not turns if you need a 24hr break in the sun.

I'm pretty sure JetBlue isn't responsible for the relative geographic location of our destinations. They were, however, able to make international destinations domestic for the purpose of our international override.

I'm pretty sure JetBlue isn't responsible for the relative geographic location of our destinations. They were, however, able to make international destinations domestic for the purpose of our international override.

How about not having to give 18 hours of intervening rest after overblocking?

Yes, it's pretty convenient. Would you rather they come in just over 8 so that instead of an efficient 1-day, you're stuck with a 2-day worth 8 hrs and change??? The Aruba and Barbados trips are not turns if you need a 24hr break in the sun.

It would still be a min of 10hr pay for the two duty periods. Plus then they would most likely try and throw in a BTV or BUF turn on the front or the end. Assuming this was a BOS or JFK crew.

The 7:55 turn is still more efficient!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back