• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW wants to buy another airline?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
try thinking a little more out ofthe box....Virgin, Alaska,Spirit....CRJ's (majority of anyways) to ASA/Exjet...C's and buses to SkyW/(insert newly purchased airline here)...

Management is in SEA supposedly inking a deal with Alaska to fly CRJs for them. It's a fact that they're there but everything else is rumor.

try thinking a little more out ofthe box....Virgin, Alaska,Spirit....CRJ's (majority of anyways) to ASA/Exjet...C's and buses to SkyW/(insert newly purchased airline here)...

If my memory serves me correct, I think that the ASA/XJT Transition and Protocol Framework prevents Skywest Inc from buying another airline without integrating it with ASA.

But then again, they did get away without integrating Skywest to begin with.

Yeah, its QX. They're already getting the CRJs.

Skywest isn't buying QX. The word is that QX will continue to fly Dash 8s for Alaska and Skywest will fly the RJs for Alaska. Alot of us aren't looking forward to that since it's going to create bitterness and resentment when a Skywest RJ comes pulling up next to a Dash 8. It's not going to be pretty folks.

Pinnacle can't afford them. Delta had to finance the Mesaba purchase.

Delta financed them and also financed the sale of Compass because Delta just wanted to be rid of them. They needed the deals done asap and this was the quickest way.

Delta financed them and also financed the sale of Compass because Delta just wanted to be rid of them. They needed the deals done asap and this was the quickest way.

Tru dat. However, Delta's terms were quite favorable for Delta. I believe Mesaba was purchased for $68 million at 12% interest. If Pinnacle had the money, they would have avoided those terms. They got an extension on their Contract with Delta and double their size as a result which is why they agreed.

Latest resources

Back