• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW wants to buy another airline?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And you know this how?? You don't have the first clue as to what Jerry wants to do with his business. I know it's awfully lonely over there in Hanoi, but you really need to find your way back to reality. Jerry doesn't want to do anything to rattle the cages of his major airline masters. He will however continue to squeeze you and your fellow pilots for everything he can get. I hope you are not getting too comfortable with your 7 & 9's. Last I heard from a friend in ATL was that your ALPA guys tried to ban the company from even stepping foot in your building, how's that working out?

It's common sense, speculation, a wild ass guess, etc. Sorry I hurt your feelings. I see you're new around here so I'm gonna cut you some slack. Welcome to flightinfo!

Oh, it's too cheap over here in Vietnam to be lonely very long :)

It's common sense, speculation, a wild ass guess, etc. Sorry I hurt your feelings. I see you're new around here so I'm gonna cut you some slack. Welcome to flightinfo!

Oh, it's too cheap over here in Vietnam to be lonely very long :)

Not new by any stretch of the imagination, just haven't frequented the commuter boards in awhile. I've got a renewed interest in ASA these days, so I thought I'd do a little reading. I just get a kick out of the optimism of some of the ASA guys that they are going to get anything from Jerry.

I just get a kick out of the optimism of some of the ASA guys that they are going to get anything from Jerry.

What is that supposed to mean?

Is it any better working at Skywest than it is at ASA?

I work at ASA and have great equipment to fly, a pretty good management...even if they can't seem to get some things right, great crews to fly with.

What's the problem?

Hasn't this same thread been started like 5 times in the last few months. Why would they want crummy Mesa? Why would they want to buy anyone else right now? And even if they are, it's all speculation no line pilot knows what Jerry is up to.

What is that supposed to mean?

Is it any better working at Skywest than it is at ASA?

I work at ASA and have great equipment to fly, a pretty good management...even if they can't seem to get some things right, great crews to fly with.

What's the problem?

Simply put, it means that if you publicly try and make SKYW and their management (SkyWest, ASA or even XJT) look foolish they are not going to reward you with anything more (and perhaps even take away some of what you have) in the future. SKYW inc. doesn't care who does the flying within their family of carriers (3 individual airlines and counting). They care about who is going to be the most cooperative as a whole in order to grow their business. What's at ASA today doesn't exactly mean it will be there tommorrow.

SKYW inc. doesn't care who does the flying within their family of carriers (3 individual airlines and counting). They care about who is going to be the most cooperative as a whole in order to grow their business. What's at ASA today doesn't exactly mean it will be there tommorrow.

Correction. 2 airlines.

Of course they want to buy another airline. They want to own all the regional feed in the country so they can start dictating price to their mainline partners instead of them telling us what we will be paid.

No, they want more mass so they can still generate some needed revenue when different legacies have to drop them when new mainline pilot scope clauses go into effect.

shadowpuppet;2100074just haven't frequented the commuter boards in awhile..[/QUOTE said:
what is a commuter board? Oh wait, I forgot. It's 1985.

Latest resources

Back