• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interesting JB ALPA OC email

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He is simply fustrated that pilots willfully hand over control of thier careers to managment, who do not have thier interests.

I feel I must point out that all employees, including pilots, futures always rest in the hands of managment whether they have a union or not. Unfortunatley, bad managment seems to be the rule in the airline business rather than the exception. That is why managment needs to look inward when they find themselves facing this kind of situation.
A union will represent the pilots but not be able to run the company. A realistic view is required here.
As for Ford and Harrison, I do believe that both the best and worst pilot contracts in history have been negotiated against them and I would rather have that known evil than some unkown evil. ALPA has the F&H playbook down rather well by now I think.

]

[
I feel I must point out that all employees, including pilots, futures always rest in the hands of managment whether they have a union or not.
Agreed, but I am talking about the terms in which a pilot is employed....

Unfortunatley, bad managment seems to be the rule in the airline business rather than the exception. That is why managment needs to look inward when they find themselves facing this kind of situation.
A union will represent the pilots but not be able to run the company. A realistic view is required here.
Agreed. Pilots don't run airlines.... and having a representation does suggest the union wants too...

ALPA= False sense of security.
Your contract is as worthless as the paper it's written on.
You'll just become more frustrated when you realize ALPA really does nothing, and you're throwing your pay check at them.

You'll just become more frustrated when you realize ALPA really does nothing, and you're throwing your pay check at them.

I suppose the same can be said of the PEA I currently have. The difference is that with a union, I actually have a say in something, rather than having no say whatsoever. Last I checked, I did not get to vote on the new FSM, and I was never invited to any PVC meetings.

I have auto insurance for a reason. It's there when and if I need it. I have health insurance for the same reason. I never enjoy dealing with insurance companies, and I sure don't like paying for them. But when and if something happens, whether it be a car accident, or health issues, at least I have some type of protection in place. Someone will go to bat for me. I know ALPA cannot solve everything. But at least ALPA has the resources. Although there are no guarantees, I would rather have someone in my corner than no one at all when and if need them.

My career is too important not to have some type of insurance in place. I'll gladly pay for this. At least I can deduct the dues on my tax return.

The quote at the bottom of your post says it all.

I have auto insurance for a reason. It's there when and if I need it. I have health insurance for the same reason. I never enjoy dealing with insurance companies, and I sure don't like paying for them. But when and if something happens, whether it be a car accident, or health issues, at least I have some type of protection in place. Someone will go to bat for me. I know ALPA cannot solve everything. But at least ALPA has the resources. Although there are no guarantees, I would rather have someone in my corner than no one at all when and if need them.

My career is too important not to have some type of insurance in place. I'll gladly pay for this. At least I can deduct the dues on my tax return.
What kind of "insurance" do you really expect for 2% of your pay? Fear mongering ALPA Kool-Aide aside, that was a nicely regurgitated paragraph from the ALPA Pamphlet.

Look around you at how much "control" ALPA has bestowed on your fellow ALPA pilots. Let the excuses commence...

What kind of "insurance" do you really expect for 2% of your pay? Fear mongering ALPA Kool-Aide aside, that was a nicely regurgitated paragraph from the ALPA Pamphlet.

Look around you at how much "control" ALPA has bestowed on your fellow ALPA pilots. Let the excuses commence...

Fear mongering? Really? Obviously you couldn't read my post without creating your own spin from it. If there is a pamphlet out there reiterating what I have said, I have yet to read or see it. What I wrote is how I feel. It's as simple as that. You insinuate that if I, or anyone else for that matter, would like to see ALPA on the property, then we are under their "control?" So let me get this straight......if someone's opinion differs from yours, then they are obviously under some type of "control?" Talk about fear mongering. The hypocrisy in your statement speaks for itself.

I also love your statement at the end......"let the excuses commence." Now there's a nice invitation to a pissing contest! No thanks. Ridiculing people because you disagree with them does not promote open minded discussions, yet instead shows lack of maturity, professionalism, and respect.

I hope that everyone out there educates themselves on the issues at hand by engaging BOTH sides in a respectful manner. In the end, all you can do is make the best decision possible for you and your family. Fly safe!

Well, if I had it my way, we would just start the card campaign tomorrow and see what the masses say! But that's just my opinion. I'm sure some of those involved will have differing opinions.

On with the opinion making!

Last edited:
It's as simple as that. You insinuate that if I, or anyone else for that matter, would like to see ALPA on the property, then we are under their "control?"
No...there is a faction of cheerleaders stumping for ALPA. One of the on going themes is taking back "control" of your career. My question is: What control?

Sure, it sounds good...but it's just an empty campaign slogan (figuratively speaking)

Weigh and explore ALL options available before going home with the easiest slut (ALPA) at the party

Latest resources

Back