• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can we stop whining.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is this what goes on in a union? All the buzz about what was coming out today. It sounded like a bunch of crybaby stuff to me.:rolleyes:

Seniority rules in a union. The company is trying to circumvent the negotiated LOA to give NJI crews "Super-Seniority". NJASAP will not stand for that.

Let's be VERY CLEAR about this. NJASAP has nothing against our soon to be NJI brethren. This is NOT NJA pilots against NJI pilots. This is NetJets management trying to slap every NJASAP pilot in the face.

The funny thing is that they are dangling carrots in the form of leather jackets and years of service tags (which no one seems to know what to do with) hoping that the NJASAP crews are blind to not see what they are attempting. I appreciate the gesture, but not the carrot.

With respects,

Fischman

The company is trying to circumvent the negotiated LOA to give NJI crews "Super-Seniority". NJASAP will not stand for that.

Let's be VERY CLEAR about this. NJASAP has nothing against our soon to be NJI brethren. This is NOT NJA pilots against NJI pilots. This is NetJets management trying to slap every NJASAP pilot in the face.

The funny thing is that they are dangling carrots in the form of leather jackets and years of service tags (which no one seems to know what to do with) hoping that the NJASAP crews are blind to not see what they are attempting. I appreciate the gesture, but not the carrot.

With respects,

Fischman
We have a winner. Enforcing the contract is not whining.

This message is for the 5%er's that will most likly NEVER be on the G,
I suspect it's the JUNIOR PIC'S/SIC's that's doing all the whining. I've never heard sooooo many crying BABIES in my life. The WHO'S the PIC is A JOKE. (I want to be the pic, I was here first). This is one of the main reason's why NO ONE wants to be in a UNION.
You guy's think you can jump in a G and go to the other side of the world and deal with All the B.S. that goes with it and do it safely and professional to meet all the customer's need's, With a few month's experience. I'm all for it. I perfer it as a matter of fact. I get paid the same. I'm with the other guy's (what time in the lobby BOSS).
I know for a fact that more than one of the (senior) NJA guy's to include the BBJ guy's, that came over to NJI, had problems getting thru the training. Those guy's may have flown the BBJ international, but ask them how much experience they have doing that type of flying. (Very little from what I hear, They didn't go anywhere, the company had to FIND work for the plane, They sat for month's at a time and never moved.) Yes with the proper training anyone can do it, No one is trying to pull something over on the union, we are trying to be professional and safe!!!!!
So for all you want to be a G pilots, stop causing problems for the company and just do YOUR job.

Dinger, for the company to go to war on this issue was just stupid. Yea, our FOM says date of G-IV upgrade but the contract says DOH. We all knew the contract would be controlling after final notice day so why did they stir the pot? The fleets and positions are stagnant or even shrinking so by November, everyone in the G fleet has more than enough training and experience to get it done so why create the drama? I'm getting paid the same and with the closure of the NOC this morning, the other guy can deal with the B S from CMH and I'll happily load the bags.

Last edited:
All u peeps that voted yes for IBB. Enjoy the broomstick up the ass now. You are getting exactly what you voted for. ********************! Enjoy it!

IBB was complete BS and should have never passed the vote with the pilot group.

Gut, I hear ya buddy. This was not very smart on their part(company) But I also think the company is trying to make this a safe and professional operation, and NOTHING MORE. Like I said, the one's doing the whinning know nothing about International flying. I have no dog in this fight but I'm allready TIRED of the UNION B.S. and the 5%er's causing trouble in the rank's. Be professional and do your job, and that doesn't include a leather jacket at Netjets. Do what I'm planning on doing, Buy one and be proud of it BUT wear it on your time off.

Raj, since we (still) don't have access to the A message boards, we NJI types are largely unaware of the arguments against IBB. You were obviously against it so can you fill me in on why? Honest question.

Raj, since we (still) don't have access to the A message boards, we NJI types are largely unaware of the arguments against IBB. You were obviously against it so can you fill me in on why? Honest question.

I'll start with a few things I can think of off hand. Givebacks in work rules were the main problem.

Basically the union gave the company everything they wanted as far as scheduling is concerned. I do mean everthing. They did this to get better basing and pay for the SIC's. They gave a small raise to captains but unfortunately the work rules and loss of OT due to day one airline show/go rules have far outweighed the small pay raise we were given. Most of the PIC's have lost money on this deal. Some SIC's actually lost money too because they are not allowed to get by pass pay now with the IBB rules.

Most of the NJA guys aren't interested in the NJA side. IBB was a big part of the seniority list being merged. I think most of the NJA guys didn't look hard enough at this when they voted. Well at this point I don't see how any YES voter can complain. We knew all this BS was going to happen before the IBB vote.

A bunch of pilots lost out on getting their 4 weeks vacation (during year 10) because IBB changed the vacation bidding schedule (you have to complete 10 years of service to get the 4th week) (we hired a ton of pilots in the fall of 2001) (honestly many of those pilots have no idea that they will miss their 4th week of vacation by a month or two yet). On top of that many lost 5 or 6 days vacation due to the vacation bid schedule (although we did get paid for those days we still lost them).

This is just a basic overview of the problem with IBB. I could go on and on about this. The givebacks on scheduling and work rules are really sad. We will never be able to get that stuff back. Its all lost now.

Don't forget that shortly after IBB 2 of the top ranking union members left to go to Managment. Something else that we all could easily see before IBB. I'm convinced that IBB had something to do with this.

Last edited:
How does this make any sense???? So if we're going to be one company, then the same rule should apply everywhere. So let's see everytime you bid another aircraft, the clock starts again? Brilliant!!! :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back