• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair is done

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah they will. There is brisk demand for banging yer mom!

-Growth industry indeed!!

Wow, another mom joke. How old are you? Oh, wait I forgot. You're just some miserable old man who decided to make a regional into your career, and you're now regretting it.

OO's contract has min airframes and min block hours.. And they still have 10 years on there contract...

That's funny right there. How many other regionals have min airframe in their contract, and now they're either out of business or below that min number?

Reality check, your little ALPA contract is worthless.

A certain Mark Twain quote comes to mind.

While I am a pilot at Comair, I will try for a moment to think as a dispassionate observer.

Delta is playing the Comair card brilliantly. While they could have sold Comair to Skywest, they set the terms too high and it just wasn't an attractive deal for Skywest. They will use Comair as a foil to drive costs even further down at other regional carriers. Comair wasn't sold because they are worth more to Delta as part of their ongoing strategy to reduce costs across the board.

I predict (and please don't beat me up for this) that all three unions at Comair will take concessionary contracts. Yes, there will be some loud proclamations of "full pay to the last day," but in the end given the choice of making $85,000 as a Captain or $36,000 as an FO most will choose the former.

This is what it is all about: driving costs down, and not just at Comair.

Coming soon, to an airline near you!

You are spot on. We all need to take a stand against this crap. I am all for everyone one of us at every airline just walk out. They can't fire us all. Just like they do in Europe. Tell them when we are going to and just do it. Stop *************************ing around.

Everyone, there are people in the crew room today to answer your questions. Not the execs of course. I can't go but wanted to tell you in case you don't know. Union Reps.

Everyone, there are people in the crew room today to answer your questions. Not the execs of course. I can't go but wanted to tell you in case you don't know. Union Reps.

Ah, so they're in there shoveling it down pilots throats some more.
Let me guess "We had no idea this was going to happen, think positive, fly safe, check list, check list, check list...and don't forget to wear your hats. Oh, by the way..we need more dues, turns out Derrick's golf clubs were stolen at our last convention. He was there working for YOU!"

Emirates will not even look at CRJ drivers?

Who told you that? I can name 5-6 ASA guys that went there with only CRJ time.

And No, you dont have to live there. Its a hellova commute but I know people that do it.

Latest resources

Back