• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SKW/ASA Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Based on a meeting I was in on last week: No flight bennies while you're over there, since you won't be flying as an ASA employee. (that was not a flight ops meeting... pilots may Stay in CASS? I donno...) The airplanes are not coming from our fleet, either..

Can you confirm how many planes they're flying out there? I've heard anywhere from 4 to 10 900s. Still taking 40 pilots? Capts only?

Can you confirm how many planes they're flying out there? I've heard anywhere from 4 to 10 900s. Still taking 40 pilots? Capts only?

No one can confirm the quantity of airframes or how the staffing will work until the official announcement comes out before the 15th of April. I have heard an announcement is imminent by that date, until they change it again. However, a few months ago there was a handful (8-12) unsecured 900 airframes from a failed European startup that were never delivered, and then went off the map, meaning they were sent somewhere else. No idea if those are them, but the time line fits the theory.

This is not like a domicile opening within ASA, so there's no reason to expect the same guarantees as if you went from ATL to IAD. ALPA can only ensure that your LOA is taken care of properly, and your benefits and privileges will be those in the contract. You are not flying as an ASA or Skywest pilot if you operate for another company, so don't expect the same treatment or policies. This is more like a preferential hiring agreement because SKywest Inc is providing technical assistance/support to get the company off the ground.

It will never happen. The wussies at SKYW will not do anything to benefit ASA pilots, they will just continue to get a free ride. The only way ALPA will wind up there is with 50% of the vote-and those guys have demonstrated that they don't care about anyone but themselves-twice.

-ALPA will not waste a dime on another drive for at least 10 years.

*cough* *cough* loser *cough* get laid *cough*

Bad news comes on Fridays/ Good news comes on Mondays.

But BH usually likes to announce things in his little Tuesday "atta boy!" updates.

Latest resources

Back