Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I've been reminded how much Logbook Pro completely sucks, Alternatives please.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll try logten. As for my problem, I imported the past few months of flights and it failed to apply the duration to pic. I had to go through one by one and double click on each pic field to get it to transfer over the duration. Then, each duration that was rounded up, i.e. 1.55 rounded to 1.6 in duration field, transferred over to the pic field as 1.6 and pops up an error that pic can not be greater than duration. Logbook pro rounded the duration to a tenth and was to stupid to transfer it over to pic in the actual value of hundredths.

Sounds stupid, but it took me a half hour.

by using the mac/iphone software, isnt that assuming you will always have an iphone or Mac for the rest of your flying career? sure would suck to have to start all over again because one day you have to change software programs... but a paper book lasts forever... unless you lose it... or it gets stolen... better make copies every time you fill a page!

I thought of this because I always have used Microsoft Money for my accounts until now they have discontinued it and I'm having to learn Quicken... which sucks... cause I don't know how to use it.

Back on the subject, I'm still doing the computer logs in addition to the paper book and I have a Mac and iPhone so my question is... does the logten program keep all the information on the airplanes separate from the flight log so you don't have to fill a "turbine" or a "complex" or "multi" or whatever column and then it can tell you how much PIC high performance multiengine night cross country time you had in 1842 with out having to create an actual "PIC HP ME night XC" column (i just made that up).... if anyone knows this feature about logbook pro I am talking about, could they let me know if LogtenPro has the same or similar functionality?

Basically... Logbook Pro seams good at pulling out info to answer those "how much blah blah blah time do you have" questions that you seem to have not kept a column for in your logbook. Does LogtenPro do as good a job?

thanks

I agree with the original post. Logbook pro is only popular because it has no real steady competition. I had the same issue.

Microsoft Excel. Doesn't take a genius to calculate time differences, check duty limits, and give you subtotals.

I tried dealing with them when I bought their software. There was an issue with their software and instead of helping me they said that I could buy another software package from them. They stood by their stance of no refunds - they mean it. Logbook Pro sucks.

Latest resources

Back