Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So how are you supplementing your income?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go to meetings, make new friends, sell a few products. AMWAY!!

NAW!!! Send wife to work!!

No idea. I have only held regular lines for about 4 months out of the near 5 years I have been here, as such I have come to know only 11 days off a month. Not enough for me to get a second job even if there were jobs available in SE Michigan. (which there are not any to be found anyways)

Food stamps!

Hey, I heard that 2 American Eagle pilots went together (don't know if this was recent or what) to where ever you go for this, in full uniform and applied for food stamps. Not sure if they were trying to make a point but I heard that Eagle got hold of this and fired the two for inappropriate wearing of their uniform. Anyone know if this whole story is true?

Food stamps!

Hey, I heard that 2 American Eagle pilots went together (don't know if this was recent or what) to where ever you go for this, in full uniform and applied for food stamps. Not sure if they were trying to make a point but I heard that Eagle got hold of this and fired the two for inappropriate wearing of their uniform. Anyone know if this whole story is true?

Good idea, and I just checked...I actually make about $170 too much :-/ Funny thing is this ammount is less than my actual grocery bill per month, so I guess if I made less money, and got the food stamps, I'd actually come out ahead and have more money in the end...sad but true.

anyone else got anything?

GlenQ-

Back in 2001, as a F.O. with a good schedule, I worked as Substitute Teacher. The money was good and the schedule was flexible. Some days I was there for only a couple of hours and still got paid for the entire day. I eventually ended up working with special needs kids. Gratifying work and a paycheck. If memory serves, I made 100.00 per day. I got a 25.00 bonus for having a 4 year degree. The only reason I stopped was that I upgraded as soon as I could and my schedule went in the toilet.
Good luck-

Rum

Oddly enough, I sell pilot shirts www.garffshirts.com

Got a laptop...and wondered how can i make some money with it....after all, i spend 100's of hours clicking and looking at nothing...So, came up with that....made an ecommerce site(from a template)...and 3 years later its still going...the trouble with it is I have a tangible product. Look at FI...no tangible product...come up with a cool idea for a website of some sort...and you wont have to mess with shipping, receiving, returns, exchanges and correspondence with customers etc.......

Goodluck!

GlenQ-

Back in 2001, as a F.O. with a good schedule, I worked as Substitute Teacher. The money was good and the schedule was flexible. Some days I was there for only a couple of hours and still got paid for the entire day. I eventually ended up working with special needs kids. Gratifying work and a paycheck. If memory serves, I made 100.00 per day. I got a 25.00 bonus for having a 4 year degree. The only reason I stopped was that I upgraded as soon as I could and my schedule went in the toilet.
Good luck-

Rum

Thats actually pretty good pay for a Sub. Most places do not even pay that much now.

Latest resources

Back