Airline Pay cuts driving away best pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is my point.

A good friend of mine who is a CEO of a very large corporation told me that with what I am responsible I should make about 175K min with a 40% incentive bonus a year. A CA would be making over 500K

That's no joke... the MPL must be stopped at all costs.

It will until 2012. Then everyone will be in deep doo doo. The airline's answer to this is a MPL (Multi Pilot License) That just lowers the bar and confirms what Sully's fears our.
We as a collective group need to fight for this never to happen in the US. It is in essence a Captain flight instructing full time.

Sad thing is you ask most pilots you fly with about the Multi Pilot license and they literally have no idea. I had an FAA guy tell me that one day your FO on a major will only have 50 hours of flying experience sitting next to you in a Boeing or Airbus.

http://www.atwonline.com/channels/safetySecurity/article.html?articleID=1428

Still way too many 20-something CFI's chasing the dream. 80k? 60k? Sounds great when you're living in your parents' basement making two grand a month.
I didn't know you knew InstructorDude that well...

;)

p.s. Thank you Sully for at least making that a salient point during your testimony. I'm sure it'll get swept under the rug, and we all here can tell each other what we need to make, but it matters SQUAT until it's important enough to require legislation or it causes financial discomfort for airline management.

I would hope that no airline would hire someone that would pose that sort of liability. As an IRO is one thing, as a five leg a day domestic pilot is another.

Latest resources

Back