• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

rock and a hard place

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Beach, Mountain, the plains of Kansas. Not really the point. Point again is do you want to be flying until your 65 and working for the man or do you want to do something else and retire sooner?

What makes you so sure you'd be successful enough doing something else that you'd be able to retire earlier? There's no guarantees no matter what you do for a living.

Adios children. That many less people to compete with at future interviews. Good luck with whatever job you choose to go with. I'm sure you won't have to pay any dues, you'll make a killing right from the start, the ceo's wife will come over and tuck you in at night, and the ceo him(her)self will come over any time your ba11s itch and scratch them for you.

What makes you so sure you'd be successful enough doing something else that you'd be able to retire earlier? There's no guarantees no matter what you do for a living.

There are no guarantees in life. But if you don't take a chance you will never know.

Major airline pilots hating them and ...blaming them for killing the industry.

Remember, they are the ones who negotiated your pay rates.

That's the beauty of the seniority system. When you progress through the seniority system, you can do that too.

I got out of flying to become a stock broker!!! LOL, and look at me now. Time to start looking again, back to flying I guess.

Beach, Mountain, the plains of Kansas. Not really the point. Point again is do you want to be flying until your 65 and working for the man or do you want to do something else and retire sooner?

Do something else?...Like what?....

Be a "doctor" like all you guys say...Go back to "medical school" like it is something that takes 12 weeks start to finish, and then it's all 6 figures and wine and chocolate and happiness from there? Get real.....You must have never had a doctor or lawyer as a neighbor.

Is your good buddy and/or neighbor really that happy in his cubicle job just because he gets to come home every night?.....Of course he isn't.

But I guess i'm not a water cooler chat/ office Xmas party kind of guy.

I got out of flying to become a stock broker!!! LOL, and look at me now. Time to start looking again, back to flying I guess.

Yeah, I hear ya. I picked the wrong time to become a Hedge Fund manager. "Redemption, what's that?":D

Do something else?...Like what?....

Be a "doctor" like all you guys say...Go back to "medical school" like it is something that takes 12 weeks start to finish, and then it's all 6 figures and wine and chocolate and happiness from there? Get real.....You must have never had a doctor or lawyer as a neighbor.

No it's not that this is the problem with the majority of kids today. The real problem is many have never worked hard for anything. Many have never slaved at minimum wage jobs or served their country to earn their place in life. And thus, they don't realize just how good they have it. But to quote Bob, "the times, they are a changing."

Latest resources

Back