• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Video Tribute to Fallen Airlines of Years Past

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
boy,the "and now it's your turn" at the end of the video freaked me out.
time to work on an exit strategy.

Chills every time I watch it.

But...

Did Delta go under in the last few minutes, or did I miss something? (Reference the "Spirit of Delta" 767 in one of the slides...) Sure hope that's not a bad omen!

Hey man,

That vid was originally made a few years ago after DAL, UAL, and NWA went into BK (and FlyI shut down)... Hopefully it isn't a bad omen, like you said! I'm sure everything will be JUSSSTTTT FIIIINNEEEEEE...

Got a couple GVAs and a FCO and a MAD this month. You still oogling over the skirts in CDG or venturing to other locals???
:beer:

Back then, the industry had glamour, honor and integrity. MBA's put an end to all that.

Those were the days and they're never coming back.

Gentlemen and Ladies,
The video brought chills and tears to most who watched, but we cannot journey to the past. You can learn from the past, but we all must move forward from the present to the future. This industry will not change on its own by opening historical books and watching videos on what was once a great profession to be in. Every man and woman on the flight deck needs to sit back and accept the industry for what it is now. Than we need to work together to change the industry to not only be better than it is now but even better than what is was in the past.

Don't mean to rain on your parade but the industry will never be as "good" as it was in the 70's. Just look at some of those PanAm and TWA shots. Plus the FULLY FUNDED retirement after bringing in a buck fifty a year wasn't all bad either.

Gup

Hey man,

That vid was originally made a few years ago after DAL, UAL, and NWA went into BK (and FlyI shut down)... Hopefully it isn't a bad omen, like you said! I'm sure everything will be JUSSSTTTT FIIIINNEEEEEE...

Got a couple GVAs and a FCO and a MAD this month. You still oogling over the skirts in CDG or venturing to other locals???
:beer:

Actually, I will be ogling the CDG skirts tomorrow (June 6) along with BCN (6/18) and EZE (6/23.) Although before long, there will be no more ogling if they cut as deep as they say.... Oh well. Stay in touch man... especially w/ yourself. :laugh:

Latest resources

Back