• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hop-A-Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
a freind of a freind worked there like 4 years ago. back then it was yoru typical crappy 135. clean the airplanes on your "day off", office duties, running cheif pilots errands etc..

I know a few guys that worked there! You don't clean aircraft. They will call you at 3am though. You'll fly a lot. You'll start in the 35 or 55, then 60 then 604.

It's one of the best 135 on the field. Look at Presidential, but I think XO bought them or some other company.

Good luck!

I fly out of BCT, the word down here is stay far, far, far away from them and 'A-OK' jets also....

I have a friend who is looking at a maint position at A OK. Whats the scoop? The owner wanted to hire him right on the spot.

the place sucks...typical so florida operations...owner is cheap and so is his company....stay away...

I agree! If you can, stay away from S. Florida aviation at all costs. I used to work for a 135 Learjet operator at BCT, and they worked you all day long (cleaning, jepps, "office work" etc etc) and then expected you to fly a trip at night to some cesspool on a medical charter. The aircraft were'nt well maintained and writing up and aircraft was a punishable offense as far as the owner was concerned. ALL the flight planning including setting up hotels and catering was the sole responsibility of the FO. And after flying a trip, the FO cleaned the aircraft no matter what time of the night it was and after that the FO did all the paperwork for the trip (all fuel, catering, food rental car receipts were organized and an expense report was completed). By the way, the only thing shown on the duty time sheet was the flying hours, and nothing else! This was my experience in the late 90's, and I left that outfit as soon as I got my TT up to a respectable level. I cannot comment on the conditions now, but like I said this was my personal experience.

what a bunch of pu$$ies. We were all happy to clean aircraft to get a little jet time, including the ones bad mouthing everybody.. Alot of us got the start at some of these places. Doesn't mean you have to do it you're whole life. Get in, pay some dues, get out. WTF else are you going to do to get experience? Doctors have it way worse than we do, when going through internships, etc.

Latest resources

Back