Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For Those About to Vote/Not Vote ALPA At SkyWest...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Joe, you suck!

Another intelligent response from the ALPA cheerleading section.....

What is ALPA's plan to stop the whipsaw between ASA and Skywest pilots? Have they been able to stop the whipsaw between ALPA carriers? Did they stop it with ASA and CMR?

When they come up with a plan, let me know..... until then expect most people to see ALPA for what it is..... a total failure.....

I believe an in house union that combines the ASA and Skywest pilots under one seniority list, is the best course of action.....

SAPA clearly isn't the solution...... and neither is ALPA......

SECOND THAT!!

(except the one list part)

I think that there wouldn't be a fair way to make one list. I think that ASA would be stapled to the bottom and again we are the step children.
I think that it would make more problems trying to merge 1 list. Your thoughts.

LOL! Staple to the bottom of the list wouldn't do much to many of the ASA'ers- isn't like there is an abundance of QUALIFIED Captain candidates over there. SkyWest grew so quickly, so much, that I'm sure most of the pilots wouldn't have the 2500 hours to upgrade.

I think that there wouldn't be a fair way to make one list. I think that ASA would be stapled to the bottom and again we are the step children.
I think that it would make more problems trying to merge 1 list. Your thoughts.

That's not true. The Alleghany-Mohawk award would be the model.... Basically there would be "relative seniority"..... If you are in the top 10% now, you would be in the top 10% with the new list....

There could also be "fence" protections" to prevent people from getting "bumped" out of domiciles....

Without, expect more whipsaw in which BOTH sides will lose.... It's time to look a little further down the road....

If not, the pilots will just have to accept what is given to them...... our choice......

Some of us would like to see "some accountability and change in this industry" also, but sadly ALPA has proven that it isn't up to the challenge. I believe an in house union that combines the ASA and Skywest pilots under one seniority list, is the best course of action.....

SAPA clearly isn't the solution...... and neither is ALPA......

Skywest pilots who have been around more than four or five years have tried several other attempts to organize including the Unified Pilots Association UPA, Certifying SAPA, and tried to get some other regional airlines to join in what would be the Regional Airline Pilots Association, RAPA. These attempts were all blown to pieces primarily due to not enough legitimate funding to get things started as well as apathy which is so prevalent among the group. ALPA, even with all its problems, weaknesses and conflicts is the only legitimate alternative to take some measure of control now.

Please reread the track record of Sapa and see what a strong hold they combined with management have had on the Skywest pilot group for so long. The funny thing is the less educated/experienced of the group, with little knowledge of how sapa pushes their bosses (skywest management) agenda through think they are being represented.

Basically there would be "relative seniority"..... If you are in the top 10% now, you would be in the top 10% with the new list....

There could also be "fence" protections" to prevent people from getting "bumped" out of domiciles....

I'd go for that

Skywest pilots who have been around more than four or five years have tried several other attempts to organize including the Unified Pilots Association UPA, Certifying SAPA, and tried to get some other regional airlines to join in what would be the Regional Airline Pilots Association, RAPA. These attempts were all blown to pieces primarily due to not enough legitimate funding to get things started as well as apathy which is so prevalent among the group. ALPA, even with all its problems, weaknesses and conflicts is the only legitimate alternative to take some measure of control now.

Please reread the track record of Sapa and see what a strong hold they combined with management have had on the Skywest pilot group for so long. The funny thing is the less educated/experienced of the group, with little knowledge of how sapa pushes their bosses (skywest management) agenda through think they are being represented.

The apathy is there whether it is SAPA or ALPA.... most regional ALPA members don't even vote in their local elections....

Whether ALPA or not, the fact is most regional pilots just want to "put in their time and move on".....

That creates apathy whether you are ALPA or not...

The problem ALPA has is a conflict of interest between mainline and regional...

At USAirways, the USAirways MEC assisted management in whipsawing the wholly owned USAir MECs in order to lower costs, which the mainline then used as a "bargaining credit"...

At many mainline carriers, mainline MECs have negotiated 70-90 seat rates that undercut ASA, CMR, Skywest, CHQ, and Horizon rates..... their excuse is that they are trying to "recapture" the flying..... If ASA or Skywest did the same, we would be accused of "stealing" flying..... There is a double standard in ALPA....

ALPA would be the best choice IF, and that is a huge IF, they could get their $h!t together..... as of yet they are more like a late night infomercial.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back