• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Indoc 6 Aug.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To make it short and sweet, one does NOT have to move when upgrading, regardless of what the bid posting may say about domicile. For instance, if there is a bid for 3 Excel captains in CMH, someone dumb-a-ciled in TEB could bid for the captain opening without having to switch dumb-a-ciles.

As for opening up basing, the company and union are engaged in interest-based bargaining (IBB). It's quite possible that there will some change to the current dumb-a-cile system but we won't know for sure until we see the IBB package, which is supposed to be in early October.

Until that time, it's all conjecture. The company has supposedly admitted that they see that the dumb-a-ciles are driving away newly-hired pilots. And supposedly the company has stated that some of the current HBA's (Home Base Airports) are "problematic" for them. So will there be a change to the current basing rules? We'll have to wait for early October to know for sure, but I think something will have to happen if the company wants to have any chance for the IBB package get ratified by the pilot group.

But again, that's just my opinion and your mileage may vary.

I think the company also understands that it would get a lot more qualified pilot applicants with more domiciles. Imagine if NJA offered at least Citationshares' 25+ domiciles - so many more qualified pilots would be applying with that type of flexibility. Pilot attrition rates would likely decrease as well. It would be a win-win for both sides so long as NJA could negotiate ticket rates with the airlines from those domiciles.

That said, NJA wants to maintain its bargaining position and it won't give it up freely (even though it would benefit recruitment and retention efforts as well). I would expect more domiciles to be added - it just makes sense...

Hey, the Excel has nearly as much baggage space (80 cubic feet versus 100), and it's very rare that I put more than a couple of bags back there. In most cases, a big baggage area just means I don't have to work as hard to put it all in. It's not at all common to fill the thing up to capacity, really.

Its OK to throw bags in the back of any airplane...only as long as you watched the informative video in recurrent classes and initials on how to properly load bags and do it the right way.....and pay careful attention to the chiropractor and his advice.

Seriously, they cant still be showing that horrible video? "And someday you too will be a captain on a nice new shiny Hawker 400." That line killed me....almost fell outta my seat when she piped up with that comment.

Hi!

CitationShares doesn't work for me, because they require pilots to live within 90 miles, or something like that, of the domiciles.

If I had CS bases, with either NetJets or FlexJet's policy of live anywhere you want, just be at your domicile when you're supposed to, that would work.

Home basing would be better.

cliff
YIP

Head on over to Sirens....bring the key card as you get in for free. Its cheap and sleezy.......dont touch though.

Latest resources

Back