• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Hiring scoop???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I fly for a rather large 737 operator based down south. My animosity towards the NW group is based on the experiences from when I was with JetBlue. The snotty attitudes, and petty jumpseat wars perpetuated by the Northwest crews was absolutely disgusting.

.....another commuter who would sell thier first born to protect thier ability to JS off-line....

Ok back on course.

Well I've heard from HR that online apps will be online in the next month or two via the NWA website.

There will be a panel interveiw & sim (most likely the DC-9) The psych test is up in the air.

If considering NWA or any carrier you look at where you could be in 5 years, 10 years, 15years.

If you compare SWA and NWA and lets say these companies don't change. Lets say your hired today at both companys. In 7 years at NWA you will move up about 40% of the senority. 14 Years NWA 82% up the Senority. SWA at 14 years you'll move up 40% in senority. So before decide where you want to go look into your future senority potential. This info is from a chart in the Jan issue of Air Inc mag.

Is NWA the right call for you? Who knows. NWA is a tough place for now but I'm hopeful it will not stay like that forever.

Everyone knows todays golden goose can be tommorrows turd.

.....another commuter who would sell thier first born to protect thier ability to JS off-line....

This guy was wearing an ALPA battlestar and was a union organizer. I'm not too fond of JetBlue, but even I can see that this guy deserved some respect from the NWA crews.

Hi!

And today's turd can be tommorrow's golden goose.

DAL is definitely better than NWA TODAY, but you will move up faster at NWA, based on seniority.

Which one will be better in 15 years?

God doesn't even know.

cliff
YIP

Mid-August applications will be accepted. Rumor only of Dec. classes and 25 a month indef...

Mid-August applications will be accepted. Rumor only of Dec. classes and 25 a month indef...

Confirm what Diesel said.

Be that as it may, be advised that you could very possibly wind up at Compass, and that the current work envrionment is toxic.

Senior and junor are at each others throats. Junior guys are trying to get some changes made to make life even minimally tolerable, and the senior guys are in %100 company man mode to the point where they are calling into OPS to have the ACARS times revised because there were no jetway operators (IE taking money out of THEIR own paycheck).

Unless you can drive to work in MEM, DTW or MSP, I would plan on using it as a stepping stone only.

Nu

Hi!

And, contrast with NuGuy, the guy I know best said things are going well for him.

He flies about 8 hours more now that he did pre-9/11, which is the main difference in his quality of life. He would like to make more money, but wouldn't we all. He is on 3rd yr pay (DC-9FO) and he's making about $75K/year. He could make more if he picked up more flying. He is home a lot more, and, overall, it's much better than his last job (where I'm at).

I also talked to a bunch of -757 captains and FOs. One said it was bad. The other 5 or 6 said it was good for them, but not as good for the -9 guys.

cliff
YIP

Looking to the future is why I even started the thread. CAL and NWA lists are comparable with seniority movement in the next 10 years. Even with age 65, NWA will be losing many of its pilots in the next 10-15 years. You may even be able to upgrade in 5-10 at NWA, of course it all depends on where future jet orders are placed.

For those in the know...please keep us wannabe's in the loop. I look forward to moving north again.

Does anyone have any idea of when the snapbacks start to occur, and how much.

Latest resources

Back