• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Places Order For 96 New Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bogart has been awfully quiet. I guess he can't find anything negative to say about this press release.

The bid award

Here is the scoop...

400XP....6 capt awards...all upgrades...junior # 1853.

560 ...7 capts...all upgrades...junior # 1857.

560E...4 capt...all upgrades...junior # 1851.

XL...3 capts...only 1 was upgrade...junior number # 1625.

680...1 capt...no upgrade...junior # 273.

800XP...2 capts...no upgrades..junior # 736.

2000ez...2 capts..no upgrades..junior #25.

G200...6 capts ...1 upgrade (737 SIC)...junior #536.

19 upgrades, 12 movers.

Without looking on the seniority list, the most junior captain is probably under 2 yrs. Thats a good thing.

Speaking of 121...does anyone know if NJ is still working on a 121 cert? I heard a while back we were doing it to add larger planes to fly teams around..etc.. But, heard nothing on it except that we were close to being done. Did we scrap it? Did it never exist? Anyway, just curious...thanks

RTS told our recurrent class it wasn't happening. He said they looked at flying some sports teams, but they go to the low bidder and tear up the equipment and after some research he said it wasn't the kind of business we were looking for.

skiandsurf,
I don't see your point...you are critical of the majority of the upgrades going to current PIC's and not to SIC's? Are you saying that the current PIC's should bypass EASY, 2000, G200 as well as 560 and 560E bids just to appease the new SIC's and give them a quickie upgrade? The majority of the bids into the 560, 560E, 400 have all been going junior, so what's your beef?

The days of pilots passing up an upgrade for junior guys are over. The mess has been fixed and the show of unity was there.

This is a new chapter in our history. A chapter where seniority is key. That's just the way the world of professional aviation works.

skiandsurf,
I don't see your point...you are critical of the majority of the upgrades going to current PIC's and not to SIC's? Are you saying that the current PIC's should bypass EASY, 2000, G200 as well as 560 and 560E bids just to appease the new SIC's and give them a quickie upgrade? The majority of the bids into the 560, 560E, 400 have all been going junior, so what's your beef?

A PIC doesnt upgrade. A PIC may delay (prevent) SICs from upgrading.

In the airline world, the staffing is run so tight, that when one guys transtions from one type to another, there are numerous other training events to follow. At NJs, I think that this is not the case. If they lose a Falcon PIC, I do not think they are in such a need to replace him. We did have a 737 SIC go to the G200, we will see if the company replaces his spot in the 737. I doubt that they will.....hopefully I am wrong.

I dont have a problem with Ultra and Beechjet captains bidding out of those fleets, but again, i do think it slows down the upgrades when guys move around the left seats o the other fleets. Hopefully I am wrong. But as we know, pilots are sellfish. A captain will argue QOL issues when he doesnt like to fly the X, but doesnt care about the SIC having to drive 6 hrs while making less than 50% of the money. And since I dont like going to training events for 4-6 weeks, I am pretty sure that when I get to a plane with an APU, I will stay there for quite a while. And the pay rates between types isnt significant enough to justify....there is not a spread like a 737 vs 747 payscales. I dont think any of our planes are as comfortable as the ones I used to fly, so comfort creatures isnt a big deal to me. Other people talk about the chief pilots of the fleets....I have no idea who my chief pilot is, other than his name.

I will say that this last award went to more SICs than I had expected, so I do have some confidence in the group.

A captain will argue QOL issues when he doesnt like to fly the X, but doesnt care about the SIC having to drive 6 hrs while making less than 50% of the money.

I challenge you to find one NetJets pilot who will say he doesn't care at all about low SIC pay or the domicile issue. One.

Such bitterness already....

Latest resources

Back