Would you do it all over again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LOL :)

Nope, my wife actually has some tits... unlike avatar girl over there. But geez, what an ass.

She glanced on this site the other day and saw my avatar and said "that girl is fu*kin hot." I couldn't bring myself to tell her that that was the picture next to all of my posts :eek:

John Pinnette says: "boy I could sure go for some moons over my hammy right now after seeing that azz!"

I think I would do it again. Some days, my answer would be no, but I can't think of another job I would rather do. Each job has its bad points, but so far the pluses outweigh the minuses.

Regardless of how you feel about flying now, would you get into aviation again if you knew what was in store? Especially if you started in the early 90's or 2001 or any other stellar stretch of aviation hiring. Yes, No, or Hell No

FU-K NO!

I've been flying for over 30 years now, and still love flying as much as I did in the begining. It's all I've ever wanted to do since I was six years old. That being said, I was glad when my son decided against an aviation career.
Yes, it's a lot different now than when Pan Am was flying its clippers around the world. My family has suffered through the layoffs and furloughs and the restarts at the bottom of the seniority list and I'm sorrowful for having put them through it all. My wife says she's never seen me happier now that I'm flying glass cockpit wide bodies around the world from the left seat. I'm one lucky son of a gun! I've landed on aircraft carriers, watched MIRV warheads re-enter the atmosphere, chase cruise missiles, launched torpedoes, tracked submarines, flown tankers, flown formation on Russian TU-95's and our own B-52's. I flew for ValuJet through the crash and resurection int Airtran. I might do a few things differently, but I've been very lucky to have held the throttles in my hands all those years. I wouldn;t want it any other way.
Now if they would only increase the age to 65, I'll be glad to keep it going!

I found it an interesting thread to read. We are all different, but I see the Aviators who do it for the love of flying and agree with their posts. I see the pilots who want to quit and wouldn't do it again for anything. It confirms my observations in recent years that we are making a lot of pilots nowadays, but not as many Aviators. If you are not having fun, then do something else. Life is too shot, amigos.
It's also interesting to see those who got out of aviation still spend their time on an aviation forum.
Whatever you do, boys and girls, don't spend your life unhappy. If you got into flying to become rich, you picked the wrong job.

gosh Fedora sounds like pilotyip

I've been flying for over 30 years now, and still love flying as much as I did in the begining. It's all I've ever wanted to do since I was six years old. That being said, I was glad when my son decided against an aviation career.
Yes, it's a lot different now than when Pan Am was flying its clippers around the world. My family has suffered through the layoffs and furloughs and the restarts at the bottom of the seniority list and I'm sorrowful for having put them through it all. My wife says she's never seen me happier now that I'm flying glass cockpit wide bodies around the world from the left seat. I'm one lucky son of a gun! I've landed on aircraft carriers, watched MIRV warheads re-enter the atmosphere, chase cruise missiles, launched torpedoes, tracked submarines, flown tankers, flown formation on Russian TU-95's and our own B-52's. I flew for ValuJet through the crash and resurection int Airtran. I might do a few things differently, but I've been very lucky to have held the throttles in my hands all those years. I wouldn;t want it any other way.
Now if they would only increase the age to 65, I'll be glad to keep it going!

I found it an interesting thread to read. We are all different, but I see the Aviators who do it for the love of flying and agree with their posts. I see the pilots who want to quit and wouldn't do it again for anything. It confirms my observations in recent years that we are making a lot of pilots nowadays, but not as many Aviators. If you are not having fun, then do something else. Life is too shot, amigos.
It's also interesting to see those who got out of aviation still spend their time on an aviation forum.
Whatever you do, boys and girls, don't spend your life unhappy. If you got into flying to become rich, you picked the wrong job.

They told me in my interview that GAC had some great guys. Thanks for re-affirming this Fedora.

Hell No! I would not become an airline pilot, however I would still get my private and instrument licence. Get a better paying job or start my own buissnes and take vacations and fly for fun all over the country.

Hell No! I would not become an airline pilot, however I would still get my private and instrument licence. Get a better paying job or start my own buissnes and take vacations and fly for fun all over the country.

If your profile is accurate, you don't have much to lose if you decide to take that path now...

THATS THE FCUKN SPIRIT pullmyfinger!!!! You guys saying you wouldn't be a pilot if you had the chance to change; forgot the MAIN REASON you guys got into the industry.... GET PAID TO DO WHAT YOU LOVE..FLYING!!! AVIATION!!! Yes there are some airlines that take advantage of the pilots love for flying.... But you got to realize that the whole industry does not suck...There are greener pastures in this industry. You just cant give up finding them.

A lot of guys got into flying not because they love flying airplanes, but because they were persuaded by the image of the mainline captain making 300K flying two trips a month to Europe. Then when it doesn't pan out the way they thought they get really ticked off and bitter. There are days I hate my job, but if I had to do it over again, yeah I'd still be a pilot. Although maybe not an airline pilot, I do miss really flying the airplane.

Latest resources

Back