NJA to expand bases?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Disagree

I don't understand why people think they can commute to this job. We had one guy in my class that is trying ATL-PBI. Good luck. If you are looking to work at NetJets do yourself a favor and don't apply unless you live in a Domicile or will move to one. The sooner people start doing that the sooner we might get away from this stupid system.

No, if people move to their domicile and are happy we will NEVER get rid of this stupid Domicile program. If we keep training/typing guys and they leave 12-18 months later, THAT will hurt the company in the pocket. That is the ony way they "learn". No, I like it the way it now. Come to NJA, get the type and leave. Sounds harsh, but I think this will help the pilot group in the long run.

SAE....are you willing to make that commute after the next contract is ratified?
I don't plan on having to because i don't see a new contract being ratified without the same basing system for all, but the answer is, yes I would in order to assure a quality of life for my family that will make them happy.

I don't plan on having to because i don't see a new contract being ratified without the same basing system for all...
That was DO-82's point. Would you be willing to continue with the domicile system under a new contract, because to get HBA for all, we're going to have to give up something - i.e., $$$$$$.

Rather commute than move to a Domicile. TEB, LAX, and PBI ... Can we think of any more crappier places to live for anyone who isn't a millionair.

Compton and Watts is still affordable, well 3 bedroom/1 bathroom. 1100 sq foot for under $500,000. The schools arent too bad, and it is close to the airport.

But, why would anyone move to one of these locations is the real possiblilty of HBA's for will be had during the next round?

After commuting for 7+years before getting an HBA all I can say is that I'm glad I didn't move.

I would love to get on with NetJets, but I refuse to commute due to the lack of j/s agreements! Had they still done the "gateway" syatem, my stuff would have been in 6 months ago! Bummer..............

No, if people move to their domicile and are happy we will NEVER get rid of this stupid Domicile program. If we keep training/typing guys and they leave 12-18 months later, THAT will hurt the company in the pocket. That is the ony way they "learn". No, I like it the way it now. Come to NJA, get the type and leave. Sounds harsh, but I think this will help the pilot group in the long run.

I should of said that if you don't live in a current domicile, are willing to move to one, or live close enough to drive you shouldn't apply. When the pool of pilots dries up then something will have to give ie. the domicile system.

Latest resources

Back